1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some ones jealous and brought me a bowl of hater flakes for dinner..... I can weld the valance back up easy enough it's only 5 1/4 inch holes..... I'd fake it with double sided tape but surely I would hate to run it over..... First comes the new leafs and moar lowar.....then the lol and at some point I need to put all those new dash pieces in..... Go back a page tanker In case u missed the pics of the dash

I wonder how well some rare earth neo magnets would hold it on. Jon, I sent a PM like I mentioned when I texted you... waiting to hear back on final price to see what you want to do. Once again, way jealous on those dash pieces. 

Edit: I just went and looked at the dash pics again. On that metal dash cap, is that a dent there right in the center? Or is the metal just thin enough to flex a bit when not bolted on?

Well there's a dent a small one or at least it felt small that glare makes it look like hack saw Jim Dugan dropped a elbow on it.. Frank got me this dash and we saw the small ding before I even stripped it didn't think it was a big deal...... He called after he saw the pic int he thread and asked I I dropped a basketball on it.....lol I think it's the powder and texture and the strange orange orb in the sky made it look worse cause u can barely feel it...I will definitely post pics once in to see if its noticeable I think it won't be a big deal.....thanks for pming him I always <3 c/f spook

Some ones jealous and brought me a bowl of hater flakes for dinner..... I can weld the valance back up easy enough it's only 5 1/4 inch holes..... I'd fake it with double sided tape but surely I would hate to run it over..... First comes the new leafs and moar lowar.....then the lol and at some point I need to put all those new dash pieces in..... Go back a page tanker In case u missed the pics of the dash

I saw the dash it looks good get it in that truck already.And no hater flakes for me,I actually like the chin spoiler but if you got a nice apron I just cant see covering it up thats all another guy did it with a green truck and it looks good.Not as good a yours.

this is a alittle idea of what the 521 rear suspenion will consist of... this is a upper wishbone or three link trianglation arm for my mazda....i cut out enough to make a second one for the 521 just need a few bungs....speaking of bungs i could finish weld this fucker if i could find my last lh threaded bung.....grrrrrrr its in a ziplock somewhere,  i bet it sitting on my rear frame at home....i could finish weld this and finish weld my crossmember in the mazda if i had this.....that bitch could be out side by the sat night if i had it .....could start my 521 dash redux then....once this is done im removing the axle back from the mazda and shortening the axle tubes by 3/4 inch on either side... ok oics....

2D21EAEB-27AC-43C2-95A2-0A8DA6FB07FA-624

B7514D7B-9B6A-461D-9C62-AB7625C3DD29-184

26A02C4C-07F3-4F45-8DE7-850C71260AAF-184

448B9AFE-303F-4C7B-9519-53BC52460C77-184

66A6C6C1-FDD1-4ADF-8D44-B3D4D2D93F50-184

7C0A8F57-69E0-4608-AA53-7DE8FDC7B686-184

free valve cover powdercoating if anyone can spot or suggest the one thing i did to this wish bine that was not needed ... although it will still functionis redundant...

deadline for answers 1.27-12

the crossbar?

Couldn't find the cutting oil for my drill press ...... It needed cooling so I had to do something but thanks ...I wasnt lubing i was cooling....And it's cheating if I already told u when u came by the shop.......but thanks for stopping by.... And interjecting ...mr positivity

Jesus tristin first u text me ghey now u post me ghey..ami giving off the ghey vibe ...phixius is right my wish bone got left and right hand threaded bungs like my other link bars ..... It allows u to loosen the jamb nuts and twist the bar to adjust the length of the link ..... Well since this has three link points it's pointless to do what I did....coulda just welded the bushing end to the ends of the wishbone......since all adjustments can be made at the single point..... It's just redundant the way I did..... Thanks for noticing frank ..... To bad I didn't make the deadline.....

Hahahahha check the date I dated it 2012 on purpose so I wouldn't have to pay up...... Loop hole by jrock....lol but yes frank u take care of me and definitely compensate me for the work I have done... Not hitting shelton this weekend so I can't get he tranny mount yet but I will see if be can bring it in one day