1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i dig Dickey`s man,,,,,, the two meat sandwich with one meat being the spicy sausage.. we haven`t ate at that one you speak of but went to the one at the superest of all malls in Auburn... I like being able to get extra BBQ sauce and not have to ask and it`s pretty cheap..

That first sentence couldn`t not be more homo

Dickie's BBQ gave out free lunch to anyone attending that Nissan/Mitsu meet Olympia.

olympia nissan or nissan parts is always looking for free shit with no loyalty to who and what they do ......fwiw they suck ass but dickeys was good...and yes naner u beat me to the punch that was a hole sentence of homo ........but no homo was taken...

the black wrinkle one pictured still has the ash tray i was gonna keep it and maybe making into a docking station for my i phone.....phixius welded his shut...which warped and had some pitting so i used a filler called upol d its a metal filler like jb weld or all metal... works good but when u go to powder the part u need to get it warm in case air is trapped .....which it in inevitably is....to keep it from out gassing... wrinkles are the hardest to get to cover a filler as the out gassing can get weird fast...his had a couple of issues i need to address ... i was working the filler to quickly the first time and i f ed it up.....so i coated my top only...

Man... youre lucky to have access to sweet powder like that. I would coat everything. Nice work as always Jon! I wonder what the chances of fitting your dash combo into a 510 would be... would be cool to have a full metal dash combo. 521 and 68/69 510 look similar enough that the swap wouldnt be egregious. 

this is a alittle idea of what the 521 rear suspenion will consist of... this is a upper wishbone or three link trianglation arm for my mazda....i cut out enough to make a second one for the 521 just need a few bungs....speaking of bungs i could finish weld this fucker if i could find my last lh threaded bung.....grrrrrrr its in a ziplock somewhere,  i bet it sitting on my rear frame at home....i could finish weld this and finish weld my crossmember in the mazda if i had this.....that bitch could be out side by the sat night if i had it .....could start my 521 dash redux then....once this is done im removing the axle back from the mazda and shortening the axle tubes by 3/4 inch on either side... ok oics....

2D21EAEB-27AC-43C2-95A2-0A8DA6FB07FA-624

B7514D7B-9B6A-461D-9C62-AB7625C3DD29-184

26A02C4C-07F3-4F45-8DE7-850C71260AAF-184

448B9AFE-303F-4C7B-9519-53BC52460C77-184

66A6C6C1-FDD1-4ADF-8D44-B3D4D2D93F50-184

7C0A8F57-69E0-4608-AA53-7DE8FDC7B686-184

free valve cover powdercoating if anyone can spot or suggest the one thing i did to this wish bine that was not needed ... although it will still functionis redundant...

deadline for answers 1.27-12

dude simple geometery,  what's stronger than a triangusqauretangle....it also is getting a new exhaust bracket that comes off the new crossmember..that this will go around...the shape is for convience and triangulation...it is what will keep the axle centered....

hint... its not fully pictured.....and it will affect the adjustablitly of my pinion angle...

box finally showed from florida right on time....from s2k

E77A687C-9EDC-4AEF-B444-219D9AC19DB8-184

40A50FA6-872D-42C9-B8D5-696F7A72F057-184

FA634507-EBCC-4C14-BF6E-E6C25FCEB4E3-184

hmmmm maybe,   have to hold it up to the goon too... really wanted a c/f bre lip for the goon...

would like to see a 521 with a mk1 lip beofre i commit to drilling in my new valance