1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

I actually pressure wash for a living, I am self employed, but I do handy man work also, the shoes were for taking X-mas lights down that I put up, seems like the only X-mas light work I seem to get is on steep roofs, and I mean scary steep, the one I did today is over 3 stories high at the top.

I bought the wrestling shoes at a thrift store, they were under $10.00, and worked great.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should see it normally, you can't see the floor for 10 months a year, yea I am not good at cleaning my vehicles, my favorite thing to say when someone tells me to wash my truck is, "why, it will get dirty".

You should see what I look like when I get in that work truck sometimes, soaked  in mud from the top of my head, all the way down to the muddy wet foot prints I leave when I walk into my house, a total pig pen.

Sometimes the customers don't want to answer their doors when I knock, I think they think I want to use their bathrooms, and they don't want me in their house.  :lol:

The specialty shoes were for the roof I got up on today, it is a fairly steep smooth tile roof, and them shoes stick real good to it.

I actually thought about cleaning it up a little before taking the photos, but it was cold out there, so I just took the photos.

I really like the consoles I have in my trucks, mostly I like the gauges and how the console holds them, the only drawback is that the heat needs to be diverted sideways when not on defrost, as it does no good to heat the back of the console, but I just use the defroster mode all the time.

Im just busting your balls at least your driving it,i have ocd and let me tell you when we were working on my door today i wanted to wipe my truck down every time it got dust on it.Call me sick in the head.

Yeah, I tossed what was left of my rain guards, but obviously can see why you'd protect your shiny l20 from road slime. My engine bay is strictly for function. If you touched my engine, there's be a clean spot, if I touched yours, you'd probably have to wipe the only fingerprint off lol

Im just busting your balls at least your driving it,i have ocd and let me tell you when we were working on my door today i wanted to wipe my truck down every time it got dust on it.Call me sick in the head.

i shall call you SITH from now on. :devil:

Yeah, I tossed what was left of my rain guards, but obviously can see why you'd protect your shiny l20 from road slime. My engine bay is strictly for function. If you touched my engine, there's be a clean spot, if I touched yours, you'd probably have to wipe the only fingerprint off lol

You know what is sad about what you said,its true i would wipe the finger print off.lol

finally.....

sound deadened the doors sunday ... welll i dissembled and reassembled with some clean up ... Hans actually put the shit in the door......the ole 521 gives u no access to inside the door ....usually i can get my elbow slipped in but on these they were clearly built to be serviced by smaller people....luckily hans had done his already and was able to get inthe door... so i cleaned all the mechs and made new vapor barriers while he applied...then i reassembled the door while he did the other...then we went and crashed some planes... oops...

suprised how much difference this made ..... way quieter .....also surprised how much difference putting the valance on made ...i get lot less wind noise in the cab since reinstalling the valance...and i like the look more.....sounds like those leafs eagle adam grabbed for me can be picked up on weds for more low.... yeah!!!!!thanks adam....u da man...

rumor has it another south sounder lowered his 521 another inch all the way around....hoping he posts some pics, even if in the dark, soon...

this is sad my friends have always known me to have shit as low as possible and definately the lowest out of the crew and im the last in our 521 collection to be low.....tear.....just the jealousy talking here...the leafs are only temporary till the real low can be achieved...

• Like 1

520 upper dash ...black wrinkle

7A160B2E-68D0-4D69-B1EF-D4E087E0D861-536

439235A2-F099-484D-8532-E28EFD883A8A-536

3B74F836-055E-4945-8E9B-A4FCE7EFBDA1-536

lower stamped 521 dash.... flat black soon to be stripped off.....flat black is a very thick powder and even with only one coat it filled the metal stamping in more than i would like....gonna strip it back off and do it possibly wheel color...or possibly black mettalic.....phixius dash turned out good a gunmetal color and it didn.t fill the stamping in at all

34F7ABE8-A303-4F92-9275-E02A0BFC6F25-536

5E55A27B-3115-48C2-B20D-C8FDC772FC98-536

DA5DEE9E-7FEE-49FC-B4F5-1E41AB3D311C-536

phixius lower 521 dash panel coated to match his valve cover and inset on his wheels

2659F2E6-C427-48A1-AD26-AF9F59788D33-762

69666CDC-675F-4974-998C-36C556858EEB-762

his 520 dash top with ash tray delete...wants it black wrinkle

A4421223-723B-44B2-A113-008A86178AAB-570

after a little filler work before coating .....needs a little more work before it gets coated..

7C80271B-283E-4352-96DB-CAEDA762A85D-570

waiting for my nephews basket ball game to start ....reppin the casual....

4EB563E0-C7D7-4DAF-B51C-B9E7A9CDD9DB-624

tried the new bbq place by the shop....might be a good place after a meet ..lots of parking...foods good and cheap and the best part free self serve soft serve ice cream ...yeah naner free soft serve ....u heard me right...daughter and i ate for 11 bucks and i didn't have to hit 31 flavors afterwards....mmmmm soft serve...

67672E91-ACCC-4771-BC5C-3605473E64C0-624

another one for datwifey.....seen headed north on i 5 just north of centralia......seen a riced out acura with a huge washinton rising sun on the bumper locally to but fumbled the iphone onto the floor trying to access the camera..

61DFD224-38AF-4D92-A653-F178F475BC4F-570

Fuuuuuck.... that dash looks so good!  I need to get my grubby little fingers on a 520 dash some day.  I hate being broke :hmm:

waiting for my nephews basket ball game to start ....reppin the casual....

4EB563E0-C7D7-4DAF-B51C-B9E7A9CDD9DB-624

another one for datwifey.....seen headed north on i 5 just north of centralia......seen a riced out acura with a huge washinton rising sun on the bumper locally to but fumbled the iphone onto the floor trying to access the camera..

61DFD224-38AF-4D92-A653-F178F475BC4F-570

Haha, you have no idea..... or maybe you're starting to notice..... but those ricer kids LOVE Casual!  We went to the end-of-the-year Golden Gardens and almost every other car pulling into the lot had some sort of Casual sticker on it.