• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hans built some floor pods and a box for it,,

1971521DatsunPickUp041.jpg

1971521DatsunPickUp042.jpg

put a 7/8 dual master and wildwood proportioning valve to go with pathfinder calipers on beebani brackets

17FDF710-40BB-4C51-BC67-103F3524D2FE-167

through a modded stock air cleaner to work with

a weber built by phixius in his infinite spare time

445A7ED9-239E-4F35-9375-395088C49A66-184

B8C0212D-4891-45B4-850F-F9DF3A36A102-184

now the shoes ...recently took off my eskies while my mazda was down and ran the white 5 spokes ....liked it but ut was too white...

0A38A315-F679-451A-AB68-48BE34877E6E-570

2E83522D-652D-432A-ABAA-FA4A43679534-184

that motivated me to dig out the 18" 6 spokes i traded siq620 for some rallies i had powdercoated them a bronze color and this is how it sits today...

D9F45AC4-E4BD-417D-9246-9BA6B7C56F41-570

FEC0453E-35FF-4609-9BB5-CCD22D30CA8E-570

6AF4208E-6DD4-492C-BF27-1DE9A917646C-570

• Like 2

as it sits right now outside my kitchen window...

1D9A8065-B36B-4778-8AA3-EEF16561E9F9-570

not sure how i feel about the wheel color yet .... i know in the sun its gonna be way moe vibrant....i originally coated them with gloss clear and redid them semi gloss...the were too intense with clear, looked fake.....anyway i need some 720 4x4 leafs so i can lower it some more the truck will get airbagged but got someother stuff to finish first .....so just lower static ....for now....i might like the wheels more lower we will see for now there fine....

• Like 2

i got one and desperately need it back on .........its been off since pretty much square one.......i got one from tdaaj and never have put it on....got two broken bolts to chase....as if thats a shocker for  a datsun a broken bolt!?!lol

forgot to say worked on the truck sunday.....put new old exhaust off a spare frame cured my exhaust leaks ...way quieter...tried to diagnose my reverse light issue ...... i would need to drill out the housing and move the switch....other wise it says on all the time...lol...,..fer now its unplugged

There are three switches on a 521 L-16 transmission.  In this picture, the reverse light switch is removed, and my finger is pointing at the hole for the reverse light switch.

SwitchLocation2.jpg

You can use one of the other switches, and use it for a reverse light switch.  But you have to take the wires off the reverse light switch, and put them on one of the other switches, because they use two different types of connectors.  Make sure the switch you use has the right polarity, the plunger on the switch depressed, switch on.

Reverse lamp wiring is really simple.  There is a red wire, with a black stripe going to the reverse light switch, that has power anytime the key is on.   When in reverse, the switch closes, and power goes to the reverse lamps, on a red wire with a black stripe.  The reverse lamps are grounded to the taillight frame, and then to the bed of the truck, and to the frame.

^^ Although he doesn`t mention it ,, i believe he has a switched bellhousing shorty napz 5 speed in that there truck.

You must have just switched those wheels on there cuz i took one of the twin baby boys over to see the doctor last Thursday and could have swore you still had the white wheels on at yer shop....Maybe that was the Mazda ,,hell i dont know.. :rofl:

D9F45AC4-E4BD-417D-9246-9BA6B7C56F41-570

Man that looks great. I really like those wheels. If ever i was to put 18's on mine it would be those.

The whole truck looks really good. But one complaint...what's up with the FRAM oil fliter?

lol that was way back its a wix now .....hans had some laying around when we put that motor in.....plus i like the grippys.....lol...

nana is right i forgot to mention i use a wayno d mike morph tranny.....a l series bell with a 84-86 2wd standard cab 720 gear box mated to it.....doing this allows the use of the stock shifter hole and a stock length 5 sp.....and allows the stock drive line to bolt up.....i must say driving hans 521 with a dog leg is funner but this tranny works great.......my plan is for a one piece drive line but at the time i wanted it to be plug and play and the shifter coming through in the stock location was a big deal to me.....swap was easy,  it was harder to locate the proper 720 tranny....still need to swap he speedo gear,   for some reason even when unbolted the speedo gear won't come out of the tranny......

the new old exhaust is so much more pleasant onthe highway.....need to fine tune the weber feels lean in the top end gonna try to pull a plug tonight .....hope for golden but im fearing i needed to richen her up a tad... pulls good down low but really tappers off in the upper more than it used to .....wheel color is growing on me .....looked nice in the beautiful overcast morning....i thought about a off white too,,,,,kinda a almond color almost....

High heat black then the second time I ceramic coated it prolly just gonna go back to blasting and painting them ...as with Anything motor related heat is its enemy...... I'm not having a heat issue but I just tired of spending money