You Must Have This '68 Pl520

Well here it is fresh out of rehab!!! 1968 pl520 that has had a great running j15 installed before I got it. Carb has been replaced with a more reliable A series carb with electric choke. New tire on freshly painted stock rims so the speedo reads true. Brakes have all been gone through, new master cylinder and rebuilt wheel cylinders. Exhaust has a new cherry bomb and shiny chrome tip. Lights all work, high beam, turn signals, hazards, even reverse lamps. Paint is the original color, Bamboo Tan, and I broke it up abit with the white top. It is all done with basecoat clearcoat inside and out, even under the hood. Interior is pretty much factory correct as far as I can tell but all redone. Brand new MP3 cd player with front mini jack to plug in an IPOD, 4" kenwood speaker give the sound. This is a sweet running little truck that drives better than I thought a 1968 Datsun would. It fires right up an drive straight and true. I truly got this truck to save it and sell it to fund my other project. Now after driving it around and getting all the looks and thumbs up, its hard to let it go. But not that hard, help me save another Datsun and buy this very nice truck you won't be disapointed. I have a tread int the "project datto" section on this site if you would like to see before, during , and after shoots. It is under "1968 520" check it

IMPORT2206.jpg

IMPORT2204.jpg

IMPORT2212.jpg

IMPORT2210.jpg

IMPORT2207.jpg

IMPORT2202.jpg

IMPORT2203.jpg

IMPORT2209.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the electric choke on the new carb I was able to remove the choke cable. So I move the hazard switch to fill the hole.

Sweet idea! Thats the kinda customizing I like :)

I hope you get what you want for it so you can start your next project. I can't wait until that thread gets started!!!

I'm am asking $4999 for the "nicest 520 in the country" , so at that price its a steal right? But I really don't have an "comps" to price it against. So thats the number I feel the truck and all the work that went in to it are worth. But make me an offer, all I can do is say no. here are some pictures of the motor.

IMPORT1244.jpg[/img]

IMPORT1222.jpg[/img]

IMPORT1223.jpg[/img]

Hey guys, he's not hyping this thing enough. It's really nice. If you didn't see this thing at Canby let me assure you, you can't reproduce it for the money. I've driven it and it drives as good as any stock 520/521 out there. This is a fairly uncommon vehicle and it gets tons of attention. Make it yours!

• 4 weeks later...

hey, guys it took me awhile to even find this thread, seems like everyones trying to sell right now. So I have had a lot of interest in this truck but it has been mostly from out of state buyers. I also have been on vacation for the last 10 days so I need to get back with it and sell this truck. That add remains the same but don't be afraid to call and make offers. I know that if you see this truck in person you will not be disapointed. PM me or give me a call and fire me some questions or offers Andy (971) 409-4597

Wow, all I can say is wow, you have a truely clean truck for sale there. Man if you were in Cali that thing would have been sold pretty quick I'm pretty sure. I just sold my 521 that is nowhere near the same ballpark of condition as yours and I got my full asking price of $2000, and there's no way $3000 on top of that would get it in the condition as yours (unless I did all the bodywork/paint myself but I don't have that skill set).

If I was you I'd take the other guy's advice and try your luck on Ebay (with a reserve or a buy it now price). Man if you were only in Cali...and I didn't already have way too many cars, I'd be proud to add this to my collection for sure.

Best of luck in the sale!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats! As I've said before, that is prolly the best 520 in the USA! The new owner should be proud!

Hope you pointed them to Ratsun!

I dont know about a museum I think they belong on the road, but I appreciate the compliment. I directed him to my thread on Ratsun, which answered all his questions before he even saw the truck in person. I also gave him a flyer and told him to go to the blue lake show. So I hope he makes the trip down to collect his trophy. It was a very fun truck to drive and got a lot of attention every where I went, Now I need to get the 521 under way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.