Window Channel weatherstripping

Jan_280Z

Ladies and Gents

Since the purchase of my brother's truck about a year ago we've been searching for somewhere to get the window channel weather stripping (the thing that keeps the window from going all over the place when you close it). The ones that I have found cost and arm and a leg (something like $150 or so). Two questions for you all, 1 does anyone have a good source to get weather stripping for 620s? Can Z weather stripping work at all?

Thanks

Jan

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently saw somewhere (Damned if I can remember where!) some generic window glass run. As long as there are no metal tabs and such that can't be transferred over the the new strip, this would be a great alternative. If I remember correctly, the generic stuff was real cheap... like 40 bucks for enough to do both door windows!

I'll keep looking around for this stuff, so I can post a link for ya.

Here is one set, it is aftermarket from overseas, shipping costs as much as the parts.  :hmm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-410-411-510-620-520-521-GLASS-RUN-CHANNEL-1PAIR-GOOD-CONDITION-/170907528210?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27cae1ec12

I use 510 channel felt on my 521 and it works great, no rattles or air leaks, but I think they were $50.00 for the set at the canby meet/show from one of the vendors, and I have no idea where he gets his stock.

According to this ebay source above the 520/521 and 620 are the same as the 510, except for maybe the length which I suspect enough is sent to do any of them.

Let us know where you get your weather stripping, and how it turns out.  :rolleyes:

Here is that canby vendor, this site seems to be acting weird, it took a while to get it to show any parts at all, I finally got it to show more parts, this link below is for the 620.

http://www.datsunlandsocal.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=DS&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=PL620WeatherSeals&Product_Code=H108

I can't get the link to work, but...

Check out www.yogisinc.com

Click "shop by category"

Under "Bodies, Cabs, Panels, and Trim", click "Rubber, Seals and Gaskets"

Click "Window Channels", and scroll down to the universal stuff (6th and 7th on the list). Those are 8' long, cut to fit, and about 20 bucks each.

• 4 months later...

So how did this turn out for everyone? This was the most recent post for the window channel rubber. I am in dire need of some.

What are everyones feelings on install and usage?

Currently brousing the datsunlandsocial site. Everything on eBay has dried up and the guy in my town wants $128 for a set. :/

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...