120Y bumpers

SlammedSunny

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I need is the brackets to install the steel JDM bumpers.

Like he said, you pretty much have to make them. If you get the JDM brackets they'll need to be modified to fit anyway. 

I made mine from 1" wide steel, 1/8" thick.

31SYj76DBTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Rear brackets are bent into sort of a C shape, one hole in the middle to bolt to the body and two holes top and bottom to bolt to the bumper.

On the front you need little S-shaped brackets on the sides first, they can be made from thinner gauge 1/2" wide steel. In the middle, I made two long L-brackets (out of the 1" wide steel) that bolt to the lower factory shock mount bolt, then bend up slightly to attach to the bumper itself. 

Wish I had taken pics...   :rofl:

C-shaped bumper stays like this?

21434.jpg

Those could be modified to work, but are not a "bolt-on" for a USDM car. 

Rumor has it the Euro-market brackets are a better fit for a USDM car than the JDM brackets, as they are a slightly different design, but I have not confirmed this. But it may be worth a shot as the sort of people who would be selling those probably speak English.   B)

• 2 weeks later...

It was 12 years ago, but I was able to get the correct 120Y bumper brackets from a Nissan dealer in the UK. I was able to bolt the bumpers on to my US B210 without any problems. I posted pics with part numbers on one of the Datsun forums years ago, but can't find the thread any more.

Mike

It was 12 years ago, but I was able to get the correct 120Y bumper brackets from a Nissan dealer in the UK.  

You are the one I was referencing.   :rofl:

I posted pics with part numbers on one of the Datsun forums years ago, but can't find the thread any more.

Yeah, me neither...   :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...