My latest 510 build.

scooter stuff

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's alive!!!          10959116_10204075950603327_1020407594948                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

• 3 weeks later...

How did you mount the ProCar seats up? Did you have to make any modifications to the stock brackets? Are they any taller than the stock seats? I ask because I've been thinking of going that route with my own car.

Thanks!

I

How did you mount the ProCar seats up? Did you have to make any modifications to the stock brackets? Are they any taller than the stock seats? I ask because I've been thinking of going that route with my own car.

Thanks!

I used the Procar runners. I used the stock mounting points on the front & welded a 1x2 tube across for the back. they're the same height as stock but have 3 mounting points

I used the Procar runners. I used the stock mounting points on the front & welded a 1x2 tube across for the back. they're the same height as stock but have 3 mounting points

Any chance you got a pic or two of how it looks? I think I have a good idea of what you did, but an image would probably make it really clear.

Typically, a specifically sized shank nut is used in this situation to match the shock thread to the inner diameter of the pillowball... In most cases this is 5/8" as most camber plates use a similar sized pillowball for this application. Looks like you had the shock machined to match and then used a nylock to secure the shock in place. While this will work fine, with the right hardware it's avoidable.

post-8435-1262159714_thumb.jpg

Example ^^^^

• 4 weeks later...