A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If yours is a swap, careful, the resistor is to lower the current to the points, yours may not have a need for that so if you do install it, it will be lower current than you need.

Where in the world did an A10 ever come with points ignition??

• Like 1

Yep, Brain fart here, what year is yours robopineapple? Those ( thankfully) went away early in the 70's...( Although Datsun/Nissan didn't have very good electronic ignition in the beginning. I member a $350 module ony first and only Maxima! They were notorious for dying early.

Odd. Never even heard of a matchbox going out. Hitachi and Denso set the standard for high quality ignition components.

That’s funny that you say that.... I just changed mine out on 5/18.

I thought it was the hitachi carb leaning out or it had sucked up water.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

You would need the KA flex plate and the torque converter of course. There is an electrical switch to enable/disable the over drive on the shift lever. I measured one I had and compared to the 3N71B auto and it was an inch longer. The overdrive is rather steep.... 0.686 or over 31%. Even the zx close ratio 5 speed is only 25.5%

OJcTdVr.jpg

• Like 2
On 7/16/2018 at 7:03 PM, a.d._510_n_ok said:

would the four speed automatic transmission from behind a 1993 hardbody  KA24E bolt up to the Z20S in my ''80 A10? I would sure like more than three gears and a buddy has a rebuilt spare he wants to get rid of.

I have a KA Flex plate and Torque converter if needed. 

• Like 1

fellas, thank you! my buddy says it's complete but his idea of complete versus my idea of complete have been known to be different. he tried to sell me to a car about a year but when I showed up with cash his daughter had the title (Comanche tag to boot) and he hadn't seen her "in a few weeks". Also, how do you wire in the overdrive?

On 7/16/2018 at 7:18 PM, datzenmike said:

You would need the KA flex plate and the torque converter of course. There is an electrical switch to enable/disable the over drive on the shift lever. I measured one I had and compared to the 3N71B auto and it was an inch longer. The overdrive is rather steep.... 0.686 or over 31%. Even the zx close ratio 5 speed is only 25.5%

OJcTdVr.jpg

1 hour ago, Hondanx250 said:

I have a KA Flex plate and Torque converter if needed. 

Edited by a.d._510_n_ok
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 7:46 PM, a.d._510_n_ok said:

it's here!

20180728_202820.jpg

This is a later transmission that replaced the L4N71B. It is connected to the engin's EFI computer to reduce emissions by altering shift points.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright fuckers, especially bananahamuck I need a windshield other wise this cars gonna get the write off and fuckin scrapped I just rebuilt the engine bottom to top. It now runs like a dream and better than it ever has and I don't want to get rid of it I've looked all over the fuckin place for a windshield glass for this thing and I'd be better off looking for the lost city of Atlantis! Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated and if you do have one I'll fuckin pay for it! Pissed because the one I got from Woonsocket RI is for a god damn four door so It doesn't fit ?

• Like 1

How would someone even attempt to send a windshield from all the way on the west coast to all the way on the east coast and end up still looking like a windshield?? 

i guess i could fold one in half and could send it in a cardboard box .. Hahaha ... 

From what i read on RockAuto  the hatchback ones are different,  but if it is 2 or 4door with trunk ( sedan) it ((( MIGHT ))) be the same as wagon.  I HAVE NEVER PLACED WINDOWS ON EACH OTHER TO CHECK IF THERE REALLY IS A DIFFERENCE THOUGH.   

I haven't checked in years ,, but i believe We have ONE extra wagon windshield in storage ,,,   the rest out in back are all rock chipped or in wrecked cars so they are cracked.. we have a few more stored up in garage,  but they are all out of hatchback type and you can get those on rock auto. 

Do you have pictures of window not fitting??  

You think getting a windshield for a A10 is fucked,,,, you should join the 410-411 gang ?..  I believe i have passed on at least 5 perfect wagon windshields in junkyards in the past,, cuz i thought the hatchback ones we have were going to be replacement for the Warthog..... live and learn i guess. 

The hatch is skinnier at top??   Weird 

but i guess it shouldn't be surprised ,,, I did some measuring for Okie-wagon-dude to see if there was any way a hatch rear window gasket was even close to a wagon one and it was completely different in almost every way.. 

• 4 weeks later...