A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do. 

Don't ever put really sticky tires on it.   B)

really ? I´m gonna look for tires and breaks this weekend and I was planning to buy something with Treadwear around 200-300. So ... I´ll be fine for 6 months?  and then I`ll break my axels ... damn I could swap a rear end but I really want to keep it looking stock on the outside(not touching the fenders) plus I`ll probably run of $$$ to do it lol , I was even planning to get the LSD`s convertion kit but if the Diff is gonna die on me or well on my abuse maybe I should just use it for a couple of months and re visit my plan of swapping the whole rear end of an s13 or something like that.Just out of curiosity, have you broken a Diff or an axel ?  

really ? I´m gonna look for tires and breaks this weekend and I was planning to buy something with Treadwear around 200-300. So ... I´ll be fine for 6 months? and then I`ll break my axels ... damn I could swap a rear end but I really want to keep it looking stock on the outside(not touching the fenders) plus I`ll probably run of $$$ to do it lol , I was even planning to get the LSD`s convertion kit but if the Diff is gonna die on me or well on my abuse maybe I should just use it for a couple of months and re visit my plan of swapping the whole rear end of an s13 or something like that.Just out of curiosity, have you broken a Diff or an axel ?

Um... Hm... Well... Yikes.

A real, quality LSD 1.) Hard to find. 2.) Expensive.

That $200 Phantom Grip you see on eBay ain't gonna cut it.

A 200sx axle will be an upgrade and keep it as close to stock looking without going crazy.

An S13 is IRS. You better have some fab skills and a welder. And more money.

Get it running. Keep it simple.

• Like 1

I´m gonna look for tires and breaks this weekend and I was planning to buy something with Treadwear around 200-300. 

That is at best average, not sticky. My daily has 240s I think? You'll be fine there. 

Sticky is like 140 or less, or tires that have the words "not for street use" on them.   B)

So ... I´ll be fine for 6 months?  and then I`ll break my axels ...Just out of curiosity, have you broken a Diff or an axel ? 

You won't break an axle. What you will do is very quickly introduce a large amount of wear into the ring and pinion by applying more force than it is prepared to handle. Then it's going to start clunking, louder and louder, until that fateful day you do a burnout and break 3 teeth off the ring gear and have to call a tow truck.

I pride myself on learning from the mistakes of others. Have I torn up/broken a diff? No. I've seen enough other people do it that I know better.  ;)

I have trashed a few outer axle bearings from drifting, though...   :rofl:

so the Phantom Grip is just another shitty product, well thanks for the heads up I was about to waist my money.The motor is already in!!!  I posted some pictures on facebook( Finally after being an imaginary project on my head for years... it feels good B) ) though it won´t stay there for long it has go to paint shop next week if everything is in schedule. So well here is the plan: I m sticking with road legal tires (not going under 200), no LSD kits, no hard launches I´m guessing that dropping the clutch between 2000-3000rpm won´t destroy anything(please tell me I´m not wrong lol ). Btw after that comment I MUST ask : what engine were or are you running ?  

no hard launches I´m guessing that dropping the clutch between 2000-3000rpm won´t destroy anything(please tell me I´m not wrong lol 

You should be fine. 

Btw after that comment I MUST ask : what engine were or are you running ?  

Depends on which car. I've built maybe 50+...   ^_^

What we damaged axle bearings in and had to replace them was an A15 1200 and an L20b B210. 

It's more about how you drive than what engine you have. Which was my original point. 

19598782_1354759187911404_63546896299643The only thing worse than not posting pics here, is posting them elsewhere and telling us you did that but couldn't be bothered to post them here.  :rofl:

lol  I was suspecting that, I sort of asked how to do it: 

You are getting me worried dude ! when it comes to cars I follow one philosophy : Drive it like you stole it lol that´s why I was looking at these bad boys to stop (.. and no pic attach... how do I upload photos ?

so how do I do it?  I already tried the image button and it gives me an url option :confused: 

Damn 50 builds, this the first time I build something apart from legos lol 

Open the image in facebook, right click on the photo, copy image address, paste that into the url box. 

Got it now, thanks to all!  so here are a few pictures 

19477522_1353251974728792_43679797368208

the original breaks: 

19577489_1353257934728196_19642313981948

and I´ll be replacing them with these ones 

19467580_1348674058519917_16421389583162

.. well not exactly  those ones cuz I didn´t manage to find slotted Discs but the basics remain : 4pistons, 11" discs 

Locate some 280zx struts/brakes. Plenty of stopping power for what you want.

Good calipers. Better rotors. Matched with good tires- more than enough whoa down for a 3sge.

Probably cheaper than whatever overkill 4 pots you're currently shopping for.

Also, your Facebook pics are temporary here. Facebook automatically changes the links to your pics periodically so they don't have to act as a 3rd party host. So just fyi, your pic links will fail in a month or two.

• Like 1

Also, your Facebook pics are temporary here. Facebook automatically changes the links to your pics periodically so they don't have to act as a 3rd party host. So just fyi, your pic links will fail in a month or two.

For what it's worth, it only does that on mine every once in awhile. 

Checks some posts from 6-8 months ago, maybe 90% of the pics still worked...

• Like 1