A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

im getting mine rebuilt by and outside party, only thing i wont mess with are trannys ill try anything else but,if yours is an auto, im currently looking at a master rebuild kit on transmission parts usa and getting a new solenoid and band, apparently the 3n71b's only have one band so cheap cheap cheap these parts are.

Don't slip it in to reverse by accident.

Slip it in with determination!

I know a guy that did that with a power glide, reverse is all the way down and he was already in low and was going to down shift. That's the down side of a tranny the will do 80 in first gear.

I know a guy that did that with a power glide, reverse is all the way down and he was already in low and was going to down shift. That's the down side of a tranny the will do 80 in first gear.

And to be that guy, I believe that's only on the early steel case Powerglides.   ;)

The later aluminum case Powerglide shifts just like a regular trans. 

• Like 1

Do you have an l16/18 or an l20? L20 had 6 bolt flywheel, the smaller ones only 5 bolt. So you need to give 2 variables for an L flywheel.

Number of bolts to the crank and

Diameter of clutch