A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed my 1990 Geo Tracker dome light into the position vacated by my A-10's wagon's original cargo area unit. I swear that white OG base plate in mine was made of sheets of laminated rice paper, judging by the way it crumbled :confused:.

I also upgraded it's bulb and the bulb in the '85 Cressida unit that is my passenger compartment dome light to some wicked bright LED units.

front: 1985 Cressida wagon unit, $5 from a scrap metal yard before the EPA banned sales to the public from those places :crying:.

20150529_160327.jpg

rear: 1990 Geo Tracker unit ,mint! $10 shipped off ePay with complete pigtail & bulb! this unit is fairly common on ePay and while not a direct swap for an A-10 wagon's OEM cargo light it has enough open space within it's plastic base to allow you to drill holes in the unit to allow you to bolt the piece into the A-10's original mounting holes. It is totally flat on the back but also fully covers the original dished mounting hole without any modifications. This unit would work in many applications where an OEM light has crumbled and you wish to replace it but without making an mods to an existing headliner or metal roof braces. Mine came in Gulf War-era GM corporate grey but other it may be available in other colors.

Another neat thing about this piece is the aforementioned plastic base. If you use a light fixture with a metal mounting plate it will ground out and burn your fuses. Also, this little feller works just like the OEM unit did, i.e., it will come on when you open the hatch, can be manually turned on with the hatch closed and can be switched off with the hatch open!

20150529_160207.jpg

• Like 2

I quoted the post of a10wagonsss and the Lil box around went away making it look like I posted it.

Saw a white minivan with a Darth Vader on the window and a bumper sticker that read my other ride is a warthog, figured for sure it was a relative of you guys lol.

He's in frickin Oklahoma ,, how much farther away does he need to be?

you ain't right, nanner but that's funny shit! fats, I'll snap one for ya!

so the wet weather here has me digging deep in the linen closet to find old towels and blankets to sop the water out of the carpet and I found a stash of stuff tucked waaaay back under some old blankets on a shelf.

Every damned thing in there was stuff of mine the wife hid just before our divorce. I guess she either thought I would call her a thief and she would prove me wrong or I wouldn't divorce her and she would just "un-hide" the stuff after I called the divorce off.

Anyway, amongst the bric-a-brac was this Kenwood cassette player that cost me $200 in 1993.

20150601_104905.jpg

I was a SP4 in the army at the time and really couldn't afford it but the PX had just come out with this thing called "DPP" (Deferred Payment Program) that gave all enlisted personnel, regardless of credit rating or common sense, an $1100 line of credit at the PX.

Up until then I had never had anything new but Realistic (the Radio Shack brand, $40-$60 brand new) cassette players in my cars and after four years as a soldier I thought I had earned a decent sound system. The wife (now my ex) disagreed and never really forgave me for splurging on myself.

I first installed the radio in a Camaro where it stayed until I sold that car in 2002. It was in my '64 Fairlane briefly but the casette player died so I upgraded to a CD player but just couldn't bring myself to throw away the Kenwood. I was divorced five years ago and figure the thing had been sitting for at least five years even then so I guess it sat unused for a decade before I rediscovered it today.

I jerry-rigged the wires to car battery and she turned right on!

20150601_104923.jpg

when I bought this thing new in '93 I was a graphic equalizer kind of guy, had never ran an amp, never owned a CD player and remember thinking, "Now, why'n the f*ck would you ever need RCA jacks on a car stereo!?!".

20150601_105000.jpg

I was always pretty careful with this thing and never really hacked too hard on it's wiring harness.

20150601_105035.jpg

20150601_105224.jpg

Sux monkey balls that I hacked up my minty '79 A-10 dash façade but that's my usual luck.

• Like 2