My First Truck, My First Project....JT'S NAPZ BUILD

_chiefjt

So, I've been looking for a 720 and found the right one in St. George, UT on craigslist while I was AT SCHOOL. ahaha

Once I found it I told my parents that's the one I want and I had been selling candy at school to buy my truck. So a week later we drove the 2 hrs. to go pick this NAPZ up. But enough of that because I can keep yappin' but here it is:

MY 1986 NISSAN 720:

On our way home:

IMG_0349.jpg

Safe and Sound:

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

It didn't run when we got it so we re-routed the vaccum lines and put in a fuel pump. (Don't mind the hollering, I was excited)

Hope the link works:

http://s1252.beta.ph...html?sort=3&o=0

Fuel Pump I had laying around:

IMG_0390.jpg

After we got it running, me and my dad went straight to body working it. It was pretty straight (VERY VERY MINIMAL RUST)

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

This sucked:

IMG_0433.jpg

Very little Bondo on this bed:

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

The side my dad did, he used to work at a body shop back on Guam and was taught pretty well to me:

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Final coated it..................for now:

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good fix Gojira but at least teach him to fish...

You posted your images using the code button. You want the button that looks like a Polaroid. Then you paste the URL in the window that pops up.

Or you can just post the code from photobucket picture page and paste it into your post.

Good fix Goijira but at least teach him to fish...

You posted your images using the code button. You want the button that looks like a Polaroid. Then you paste the URL in the window that pops up.

Or you can just post the code from photobucket picture page and paste it into your post.

I already messaged him about that. I also sent him the thread about posting images just in case.
  • Like 1

Now, pics of the other parts of the truck:

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

The previous owner put Ford Explorer floor mats in there (now taken out):

IMG_0380.jpg

Don't mind the duct tape (previous owner):

IMG_0394.jpg

Headliner :D

IMG_0382.jpg

OLD:

IMG_0482.jpg

NEW (to me, found at local junkyard):

IMG_0483.jpg

Cleaning the interior

Before:

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

After:

I guess I never took a pic from when I cleaned it with a wet rag but.....

IMG_0447.jpg

Engine Bay:

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

Repainted the grill,

Sorry, pic of the grill on the truck comes later:

IMG_0771.jpg

New TYC Tail Lights:

And I'm gonna replace the tailgate but for the time being i just sanded it with 220 and sprayed it.

IMG_0462.jpg

Cleaned up these dirty stock hardbody wheels..............WITH A MAGIC ERASER AND PURPLE POWER! (cheap cleaning but WORKED!)

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

Before and After:

IMG_0696.jpg

I'm pretty sure I was changing my oil. I forgot. ahaha

IMG_0371.jpg

AND NOW, THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!! THIS PIC IS AS OF NOW JUNE 8, 2012

559035_500884156609262_1773276685_n.jpg

So that's my build so far and yet is still to come. Reason why it's literally half gray is because out of the blue, my dad didn't want to use the can to at least make it all one color. But hopefully for Christmas I get a Weber 38, a whole new exhaust system or a case of primer. One of those will make me happy.

Hope you enjoyed!

-JT'S NAPZ

• Like 1

You Sold Candy To Buy A Car?

And You Chose A Datsun??

You Must Be The Coolest Kid In School :)

:thumbsup:

My uncle gots started on selling candy at school. My mom was trying to get me to buy a "family car" but didn't feel like it was for me. So my uncle showed up one day at my house in his '78 Datsun 620. My dad, mom, and myself got a little jealous and thats what got my mom to decide, I should get a truck.

And just now the words getting out and EVERYONE AT SCHOOL wants to see it. Even my friend who owns an Audi a4 quattro turbo with BBS wheels is jealous. So yeah, I think I'm the only one representing Datsuns at school.

• 1 month later...

Found these at my junkyard. quite a bit of curbage on the set but hey, never seen these before. $88 for the set, not too bad but not in my posession yet.

IMG_0172_zpsa14cc50a.jpg

IMG_0173_zps21bac75d.jpg

I hope I can get 'em. Found the rest on a Mazda pickup 2 rows over. ahaha 

There's also no name/brand or make on them. So I don't know what they are. lol

I gave the tercel away, bought an integra, traded the integra for a civic. Sad part is the tercel lasted longer than the integra and civic, just got totalled early last year. so from 16 till I was 24, the tercel survived :P

I got my z24 38/38 weber to pass smog with flying colors even though it's not even time to renew the tags. Motor and exhaust is all stock, just a Weber 38/38. Hooked up the EVAP and EGR shizz. 

I'll post a video of how it runs and how me and my dad hooked up the emmisions tomorrow. Too late and too dark now.

Found these at my junkyard. quite a bit of curbage on the set but hey, never seen these before. $88 for the set, not too bad but not in my posession yet.

IMG_0172_zpsa14cc50a.jpg

IMG_0173_zps21bac75d.jpg

I hope I can get 'em. Found the rest on a Mazda pickup 2 rows over. ahaha 

There's also no name/brand or make on them. So I don't know what they are. lol

Do you know if the truck still has the driveshaft?

That truck is coming along nicely. So far as the wheels go, I like the Hardbody ones better.

And a little off topic, I love the houses in the background. Wish they built that style here. Nothing gets that type of roof.

That truck is coming along nicely. So far as the wheels go, I like the Hardbody ones better.

And a little off topic, I love the houses in the background. Wish they built that style here. Nothing gets that type of roof.

Tile roofs are not the greatest things around, very expensive and very heavy, and eventually they all leak.

I will take a composition roof every time, fairly low maintenance, and when stuff falls on them they don't break.