SWDP 6th annual Bar-B-Que

Steroid

Ok time to post a few of my pix.Ill be making a disc for Shingo [Truck trends magazine] for an article he'll run covering our bbq B)

the world famous Wig wam on RT 66...

mct8p4.jpg

Bob hase recieving his honorary plaque...

2hd6y3t.jpg

Tom...

1zm1hki.jpg

Gene knight...

28umyo9.jpg

& Danny

k3p1ms.jpg

Robert & Tony snacking....again..LoL

m79rud.jpg

Kumar [wig wam owner] & George koepsel [Fontana Datsun founder]

wjxiq9.jpg

Moody,Steroid & Chopderek chilling...

wkpgz7.jpg

Tom, Charlie, Gene & Chris...

28lc6px.jpg

the lineup...

2ptryqh.jpg

DJflizo's 720...

2gspunk.jpg

Nevtony's grill...

8y9s3p.jpg

Guys 620...

25tbxwm.jpg

Darrin's 620w/ many mods...

jfurko.jpg

Ray's chop top survivor 521...

21ka6ab.jpg

& my beast...

5jxrgn.jpg

More pix soon. BTW plans for next years event have started already...stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I still have a few t-shirts left for sale. Those of You that either didn't get on that day or from out of the area that want one can get them by emailing Me:

steroid620@yahoo.com

Also, I still have some left over from last year with Our trucks in front of the teepees. Price is $18.00 each with $7.00 shipping. Only one price for shipping if You get more than one shirt

THE PIMP HAT IS NOT FOR SALE ! ! !

Thanks, Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That sounded pretty harsh but I stand by that comment. If it isn't Your "cup of tea" then please don't come. I think You totally overlooked what the Bar-B-Que has turned into. First off: We don't give out trophys or awards. If You are expecting this, then please don't come. 

Second: The Bar-B-Que is a time to unwind and relax. There is a pool there provided for FREE. Let the stress of Your life drift away. I don't know about others but that is what I do.

Third: The Bar-B-Que is now a celebration of LIFE. We WANT those involved in Mini Trucking long ago to attend which is a REUNION of those that did it in its infancy. We now also celebrate those that have passed on. This is IMPORTANT. We come to mingle, visit and talk mini trucks (not just Datsuns) but the other makes as well.

Fourth: The idea of having a band after dark takes those from the era that events had live bands back into that time period. We don't want todays music. We want easy listening music that reminds Us of Our youth. Today is stressful enough. Can't We have just one day out of the year to clear Our minds and remember the 70s/80s ?

Fifth: The Bar-B-Que isnt about hanging out in one spot. We encourage people to mingle, handshake and hug on those We see only once a year, not to hide out in the shade. When You have made as many friends as We have You will understand all of this. I am not gay but I hug on everyone. Why, because I am HAPPY to see You each year and celebrate another year of Your life and friendship.

The concept of the Bar-B-Que is not that complex to figure out. If You come in a different vehicle, We are not going to critiicze You. We like to see the kids of younger parents frolicking around in the grass and in the pool. We also will offer the homeless person walking by something to eat or drink. We celebrate those of all ages and hope to see them once again next year. Oh, and yeah, We celebrate the trucks that come. Weather they are Hi Tech new school or vintage old school.

If this isn't to Your liking I am sure there are other shows being held the same day You can attend.