Track day build w/ Troy Ermish Z24 frankenstein engine

Hi Ratsun,

I've been lurking for a while and decided it's time to post my progress with my 72 as I've been working on it for over a year now.

It is originally a Canadian car from Calgary, now residing in Ontario, Canada.

I bought the car in October of 2011 basically as a shell. The car was already painted for the mostpart but it was completely stripped.

I probably took home over a dozen boxes to sort through and organize.

The idea behind this build is to have a totally trackable car that still sees street use on occasion.

The previous owner of the shell also had purchased an engine that was spec'd out by Troy Ermish and built by Rebello Racing. At first I bought the car separately and then decided to follow through on the whole package and ended up purchasing the engine as well.

gq_510_01.jpg

The engine is a "Z24" Naps-Z 2.4 bottom end with a race-ready rotating assembly. This is mated to a KA24E 3-valve head that's been extensively re-worked by Rebello.

gq_510_02.jpg

Running Ermish's Mikuni 44s on a Nismo intake manifold

gq_510_03.jpg

The rear subframe was sent to Mad Dat to get some adjustability out of the rear suspension.

Wilwood brakes all around, Troy Ermish full coilovers (which are for sale, btw), Ermish rear CV-style axles, and what I think is an R180 diff from Wolf Creek

gq_510_04.jpg

This has been a real eye-opening experience and I can't wait to get the car on the road. I'm taking my time because I'd like to do everything as completely as possible.

I still have a ton of unanswered questions... just taking things day by day.

Thanks!

GQ

• Like 1
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic