Like Ratsun, Dragon gets used around the farm, and house too. On Wednesday, Sept 4, 2013, I used Dragon to get up close and personal with some bushes around the house, to trim them.
After trimming, I simply picked up the branches that did not fall in the truck, and drove Dragon out to the burn pile in the pasture.
Dragon's windshield has a leak, the roof had some rust spots, and sometimes when I pulled tape off the paint on the roof, it would remove the paint, down to the primer. I suspected the seam sealer, in the drip rail, was leaking also.
So I removed the seam sealer, like this.
First, I made a vertical cut with a box knife,
then a horizontal cut with a 1/4 chisel X-Acto knife,
Another view of horizontal cut.
The sealer comes out in pieces like this.
There is still some residue of the sealer in the bottom of the drip rail.
You can get these abrasive nylon brushes at Ace hardware.
You chuck these brushes in a drill, like this,
and they work really good at removing the last traces of old seam sealer from the drip rail. In this picture, about 3/4 of the rail has been cleaned, and the bottom 1/4 has not.
This is the drip rail cleaned.
I also pulled the windshield out of Dragon. To remove a windshield, you slide a knife flat against the glass, under the weather strip, and cut the top of the weather strip off.
make several passes until the knife goes all the way through,
and pull off the top part of the weathestrip.
The three windshield removal pictures are from Ratsun. The last picture, I did not completely remove the top of the weatherstrip, on Ratsun. I just slipped the windshield out of the weatherstrip. On Dragon, the weatherstrip had a lot more sealer on it, and I had to remove all the top of the weatherstrip, all the way around. There was a lot of sealer left in the windshield opening, and there is no easy way, other than scraping it out, and then cleaning the rest with paint thinner, and lots of paper towels. Wear nitrile gloves, windshield sealer goo is messy.
Then I finished sanding the roof, front view.