1971 Datsun 510 "Phoenix"

I never thought the day would come, but regretfully up for sale is my beloved Datsun 510. This car has been meticulously created from the ground up, in fact it is what I

would call the "phoenix" from my previous 510 which was, unfortunately involved in an accident. The entire drivetrain and suspension minus the motor which was

replaced with a lower mileage Ka24de motor from the previous car was inspected and re-installed into this 510, with added bits of course, as the old saying goes "if your

gonna build it. Build it better than before." The whole car minus the undercarriage was stripped of its previous color and re-sprayed a Honda Milano Red, I chose this

specific color because I wanted a color that would pop but not be too vibrant as your typical fire engine red or corvette red. It has just enough of a dark hue that it actually

changes shades depending on how the sunlight hits the car, it is definitely one of those things in which you would have to see the car in person to appreciate the time and

effort that was spent to get the paint job right, especially on a 40 plus year old car. Now onto my asking price, this car truthfully has been a labor of love and all parts on

this car I truly spared no expense. It has parts from all well known Datsun 510 gurus and tuners alike, like Troy Ermish, Dan Gallmeister and Techno Toy Tuning, just to

name a few. It has just about all the rare parts that only some 510 owners can only dream of. It has won many accolades in numerous car shows that it has been entered in:

Wekfest, Spocom, and the coveted Japanese Classic Carshow I have the trophies to prove it if you care to see them. It truly is a clean show winning 510. I will tell you up

front that unfortunately, the shell has a salvage title but before undergoing this ambitious endeavor, the shell was inspected for any body and structural damage and it

doesn't have any. But you don't have to take my word for it you are welcome to see the car for yourself. Otherwise, my asking price is $18,000. Included with this car is

numerous spare parts and do-dads, including a custom roof rack, vintage coca-cola cooler and suitcase. I have numerous pictures of this car including a photoshoot and

interview cover spread that was done by Motormavens.com which will give you an exciting overview, and highlight some key features of the car. If you have any

questions or for additional pictures feel free to P.M. me.

Here is the direct link to the motormavens.com article and photoshoot of my car:
http://www.motormave...issan-bluebird

photo-2.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah unfortunately, but again just to clarify the car was thoroughly inspected for any body damage. Fortunately, there isn't any in fact I encourage those that are interested to look for themselves. Being in the Datsun game for quite awhile you know what to look for, I made sure that the shell before undergoing this project had no damage.

You did very well with this car, especially considering with what you started with. Orange paint, totaly bare shell, i know since i stripped it down.

I'm sorry to hear you are selling it. Hope you get it back when the time is right.

Thank you for the compliment. As far as it not really being a ratsun. Well some of us dimers gotta restore these beautiful cars and show their beautiful potentials.

I totally agree! It's just everyone on this site including myself is a cheap bastard and doesn't have that kind of money :rofl:

edit: Just read through the motormavens article and saw the John Morton autograph......that's so fucking cool!

19K what are you nut's????

That thing is one of the top 510's Like said above at least the top 5 that I know of. So it should be 20K or more. just sayin

• Like 1