anyone put a ka24det in a roadster?

u20 bomber

Hi all, I am new here, but have been a roadster guy since 91 and have done 15yrs of Shasta. I started with an R16, then a U20, then a nitrous U20 and now a ka24det.

I was just wondering if anyone else has this setup so we can compare whatever.

Thanks

U20-Bomber

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, seriously, you need to post pictures of this. If you had read other first time posters you would see that they get flamed pretty bad for doing what you did. Pictures are like a pass to get in. A KA in a Roadster is noteworthy and screams pictures. Don't let us down. Show 'em how it's done on the Lower Mainland.

Ok, ok, the pics are on the way...but in the meantime....the na ka24de was an easy fit, some cutting,fabricating and welding. Until the clutch died, it ran really well with gobs of torque and a nasty howl out the back 2.5 inch exhaust. So, a new ACT clutch,fmic,top mount manifold,SR Garrett turbo and a 3inch mandrel bent from turbo back and its a whole new beast. I had a u20 with a 60 hp shot of nitrous and thought that was pretty good, but this little beast far outdoes that. I can roast the tires at will and at 60km p/h roast them again and go a bit sideways. Looks like an OS Giken limited slip is next.

So subjectively you agree ...

One of the NWDE club members has the KA24DE:

Used the old GM coil trick:

20110819190340DSC04826.jpg

And here is a Ratsun member with it:

20110819184856DSC04797.jpg

actually, that is not a GM coil trick, it is an electromtive coilpack for the electromotive programmable ecu. I have seen this car and talked with its owner

So subjectively you agree ...

no, I personally would pay more for a KA24de roadster than I would an R16 roadster.

but some guys wouldnt......

thats why saying having a KA lowers the value is a subjective opinion and not a statement of fact.

Subjective: Adj:

Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Synonyms: personal

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KA-T's are ticking time bombs in my experience. No cheaper than an SR and are just waiting to throw their parts all over the road. Of course I'm biased because Ive built quite a few 240sx's and only 2 or 3 guys in town have kept KA-T's together... all spent a lot of money on them. Nico Club Greg (AZHitman) and my buddy George's have been going for years but most others have gotten tired of rebuilding them and go to better motors. If you just want to run a T25 and >7lbs of boost they last forever but IMHO are slow and boring. Stock SR with t28 is way more fun an reliable.