Main seal installer

Recently when I was replacing a main seal, I realized I was not equipped to do it as well as I should. So after some head scratching, I came up with this.

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

And this is how it works.

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

So I got to thinking if anyone else wants one, I could make some up. If I could do this for $20.00 plus USPS flat rate, would I have any takers?

• Like 4
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting.

wouldnt say its necessary Iv never had trouble installing rear mains

but deff a nice little tool.

True, but for $20 it looks like it would make the job smoother and I never mind having unique tools in my box.... Tool box that is...

Is there a way to make it work with both five and six bolt crankshafts?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, I can make them fit either, or both patterns. Just need the five hole bolt pattern. All my stuff is 6.

I like it. You could also go a step further and make 2 pilot holes(180 degrees apart from each other), around the lip that contacts the seal. This way, you could thread a sheet metal screw into the old seal, then use it to pull the old one out without damaging the crank surface with pics, etc.. just a thought.

Either way, I'd like one if you make a run of em.

Thanks Micro. Have to think on that for awhile.

Assuming the bolt circle is the same on the 5 bolt, I went ahead and drilled the pattern to see what it looked like.

IMG_2046.jpg

Piece of cake. Now if someone could get me this measurement, I could verify. I will get a crank to test fit though.

IMG_2047.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.