Datsun B310 turbo coupe, A15 project

Atomic

Hey atomic nice project! That wagon that you cut up do you still have it? I am wondering if you would sell me the rear emblems off of it and ship them? The ones on the rear, side  of car. Send me a personal message and let me know if so. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And we complain that it 45'F. and drizzling.  you guys are tough as nails. At least Spring is in the air. I am really curious to see you put the turbo in place, intake and exhaust. Keep on keeping on and I'll stayed tuned. Bummer about the bearings, but could be worse. (like six feet of snow on your car) thanks for the update. :thumbup:

20130310_162829_by_atomicsickness-d5xliu

• Like 1

Following this closely. I am supposed to get a B210 tomorrow that has an A15 swapped into it and this project looks like a great option for a sleeper. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the megasquirt setup works out for you.

• Like 1
Following this closely. I am supposed to get a B210 tomorrow that has an A15 swapped into it and this project looks like a great option for a sleeper. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the megasquirt setup works out for you.

Good to hear! I'm ordering megasquirt 2 this week. I'm ordering the do-it-yourself kit, because it's 100euros cheaper than fully assembled one.

Informative news everyone.

So i have hunted down some bearing kits, and i'm working with the suspension next weekend, so we maaaaay see a lower coupe datsun, we'll see :) How big rims? 16'' i have thought, how about u?

And here is a picture of a mega-kit i'm thinking to buy

Megasquirt%20plug%20and%20play.jpg

Triggerplate+megasquirt+wires+sensors+bosch direct ignition stuff(if i'm right)

So, hope i can find some bearings so we can put our engine together. We'll see :) Stay tuned~

So i have hunted down some bearing kits, and i'm working with the suspension next weekend, so we maaaaay see a lower coupe datsun, we'll see :) How big rims? 16'' i have thought, how about u?

I know I won't go larger than 15s on my B210. I don't know how your market is but I found a much better selection of performance designed tires in the 15" range than the 16" when I was racing my old integra. Usually 15, 17, and 18 have the best designed performance tires, and stock class cars with 13 (since few brake upgrades fit behind 13s) can still get good track tires.

That mega kit looks nice. It doesn't intimidate me like most of the other ones I have seen...

And here is a picture of a mega-kit i'm thinking to buy

Megasquirt%20plug%20and%20play.jpg

Triggerplate+megasquirt+wires+sensors+bosch direct ignition stuff(if i'm right)

So, hope i can find some bearings so we can put our engine together. We'll see :) Stay tuned~

Thats the version I like.  I got all my sensors at pick and pull to save money though.  The EDIS box is not required either, you can run the VR sensor straight into the MS box.  It does take some tinkering to make it read properly though. 

• Like 1
Thats the version I like.  I got all my sensors at pick and pull to save money though.  The EDIS box is not required either, you can run the VR sensor straight into the MS box.  It does take some tinkering to make it read properly though. 

Do you have megasquirt then? If you do, what engine do you have? I was thinking if you could share your fuel map with us :)

I know I won't go larger than 15s on my B210. I don't know how your market is but I found a much better selection of performance designed tires in the 15" range than the 16" when I was racing my old integra. Usually 15, 17, and 18 have the best designed performance tires, and stock class cars with 13 (since few brake upgrades fit behind 13s) can still get good track tires.

That mega kit looks nice. It doesn't intimidate me like most of the other ones I have seen...

I will keep that in my mind, I will keep my eyes open for good solutions :) 

You may have a better selection of tires in Finland. There seems to be more road rally and general autocrossing over the big waters. A friend of mine in Ireland runs beefy 14s on his AE86, some kind of hoosier radials for racing, but they stopped producing them over here a while back.

I would shop around and see what you can find. Best bet would be to contact some local racing shops and see what they suggest.

I've megasquirted 3 L series engines and a KA24DET with pretty good success.  The fuel map is not that hard to do on your own.  Timing is the scary part.  don't want to much advance in the same hand you want MAX POWER :)  For fuel I used the auto tune feature and then fine tuned it as a drove them around.  I'll will try and get a few screen shots for you of my timing and fuel maps. 

• Like 1
I've megasquirted 3 L series engines and a KA24DET with pretty good success.  The fuel map is not that hard to do on your own.  Timing is the scary part.  don't want to much advance in the same hand you want MAX POWER :)  For fuel I used the auto tune feature and then fine tuned it as a drove them around.  I'll will try and get a few screen shots for you of my timing and fuel maps. 

Mm, I'm also worried about the timing, we'll see. But thank you if you add some pictures :) Very helpful!

Sup, I'm going to add some new photos tomorrow. I'm hoping that i could finish the front suspension then (painting etc). Opel shock absorbers were too tight fit to this. But they were great for guiding the chopped pipe. So we're looking for new shock absorbers next week. Oh, I got some stainless steel bolts (maybe 100~) for my project :) 

Picture time!

20130323_215729_by_atomicsickness-d5z33m

So when you put your dad to cut, things go wrong, haha (the right hand side was by mistook) But he welded it together so no problemos :)

20130324_131306_by_atomicsickness-d5z33t

Here they are, some final fitting and they're just perfect! Now we just have to paint 'em :)

20130324_143506_by_atomicsickness-d5z33x

And here they are primed with gray paint. I'm thinking to paint them mat black so you can't notice the cuts.

20130324_143549_by_atomicsickness-d5z340

Oh, and here are some of my new stainless steel bolts and nuts :) No more rust! haha :p

I'll try to find some nice rims for my project next week. You keep following, i'll keep posting :) Stay tuned!

Nice work mate, keep up the posts! Very interested to see how things pan out.  :)

Thank you! And I will! This would be quicker, if the temperature is above 0'C Because soon as it gets 10'C outside, i will do some sand blasting to the body and frame, so i can move to paint-job :)

Ugh... I'm here to tell you that no pictures coming this week. Every place is closed (because it's easter) and can't get new bearings. One guy promised to call me back but he haven't.. So till next week, sorry guys~ :/

• Like 1

New bearings are still hard to find. I hope i will have the answer next week ( send a question mail to all Finnish repair garages ). And I'm kind of stuck with brake system, because we need to think proper way to attach the volvos' brake caliper to datsuns' front pipe (or what's called, sorry). So all I did this weekend was a subwoofer box with 12'' fusion subwoofer and 4'' reflex port. AND fuck this snow, really! Today I was driving with my motorcycle and then, boom, snow... Can't do any paint jobs/body work outside, and our garage is lacking space. 

Good news are that we now have 4-point lift and tire machine + 250 bar pressure washer (with sand+water mixture ability) so we can get clean surface for paint etc. 

I'm REALLY sorry for lacking pics, hope that you understand :/ Waiting for summer~

Special post:

20120916_132921_by_atomicsickness-d60sip

Here are the cars we saved (fancy picture because i take pictures as a hobby.. :D ). They were in perfect condition until some youngsters smashed 'em and then these cars were abandoned in the woods for few years. Now we take everything that's worth taking out of them (engine etc. )

^^ Do want. Just hard to justify spending that kind of cash on a manifold. 

Not that i'm buying it :D no, no~ But i find it hard to think what angle i'm going to position the fuel injectors and how far from the block :/ Manifold can be fun to make

• Atomic changed the title to Datsun B310 turbo coupe, A15 project