Datsun B310 turbo coupe, A15 project

Atomic

So Hi! I'm new here and I would like to share my project with you guys out there, and maybe you could give me some instructions with this.

So all started here:

09bd710a6e035c9fb0181b76697e8abd-d5lx3xy.jpg

It was my dads project on the backyard and i decided to give it a new try! (don't worry, it had a cover on top of it, just removed it so you can see the full view) Oh yeah, I hate winters here in Finland.

The car was hit by another car, so that's why on the passengers side there is a different color door etc.

fcb106e25226ac0891af35663cba2c89-d5lx41g.jpg

And here's a one lovely interior, haha. The front glass is on the floor and it's not broken, so good for that.

a4b2d6cce7e85107de11892af2f5e0c2-d5lx3op.jpg

One tree even grown from the ground and shaped from the rear bumper, nice

And that was from 2011

Back to 2012,

I got it to garage, and took out the most dirt out of it, and then got to bodywork etc. With dad helping, haha (don't judge too much, i'm a newbie with this)

8d480c755284924bde1d479b90d9d7c7-d5lx38e.jpg

Here i got the doors off, and some other stuff, and we started to fix the interior from rust, new metal pieces there, but nothing big.

4aad5f207b7d5492e7abe9b43cfee597-d5lx356.jpg

1def28d2e3d852cb3cbf7ba0992576db-d5lx3qx.jpg

And at the same time, we were getting this datsun wagon to pieces, basicly just taking the motor and transmission off and using with my coupe (A15 motor)

cb9aa57ba308c51da65c082cc9276104-d5lx2zp.jpg

Here is the motor, it has got little wet, but it's okay. I'm going to clean it up and take it apart, new parts if needed

ratsun_by_atomicsickness-d5lx2rw.jpg

Got the transmission off

cbb8ce9f87f2bb4bae9c572fc9e5391e-d5lx3dh.jpg

I think i'm going to clean that up, like everything else ofc.

So that's the start! I have made a little progress and we're getting new parts to the engine.

As for Engine, we use that A15 engine and original transmission with race clutch.

For engine, we have Twin Dellorto 45's and horizontal intake. And then.... We're going to assembly this set to it http://turbokits.com....5L_Motors/922/

And we ordered special lubrication coating for inner parts of the engine and for pistons special coating from them too ( makes lower temps ) All this from Techline

As for now, i'm sorry if I have rusty English, and not listing all of the english names for the parts. I'm going to do that for later, when we're washing the motor from inside and cleaning it through.

And for back, we're getting Volvo 740 rear axel (it needs some thinking and fitting) And Volvo 740 brakes to front and to the rear ofc and the main brake cylinder.

As for suspension, we haven't decided yet, but something that matches for hp (Our goal is to get 170-200hp)

I'm uploading new photos when ever i can, cheers

b9596e3a6a6bfa85d59578a9217d4149-d5lx3ln.jpg

Some interior ideas

b6fadebdb0d06e4de479e38e2f65ae06-d5lx3ge.jpg

Some interior ideas

(yes, we're missing the speedometers etc, but we have the basic dash and took the middle console out of the other datsun)

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks like the motor i have rusting in my backyard right now, lol. i guess they are harder to come by in your area. looks like a good start so far.

they sell oem a10 dashes, that should fit perfectly in your car. http://www.oem-surplus.com/nwp/510.htm scroll down , shipping may be pricey, but hey only 20$!

looks like the motor i have rusting in my backyard right now, lol. i guess they are harder to come by in your area. looks like a good start so far.

they sell oem a10 dashes, that should fit perfectly in your car. http://www.oem-surplus.com/nwp/510.htm scroll down , shipping may be pricey, but hey only 20$!

Haha, true that. They are rare here in Finland, i think that this is the last coupe in here :o And yeah it is, we got the engine apart and some main things are looking good (200000km~) driven.

And thanks man for that link! I'm looking for coupe interior parts all over.

Nice project. Your english is very good. We don't use english names for auto parts, but the same names you used.

Do you know Kimmo Priuska? He has the most powerful A14 -- 2 bar boost and estimated 200+ HP.

Keep the timing in control and carbs rich, that's the most important. 160 HP is proven with the stock block, pistons, rods, even stock head gasket and a stock unmodified A14 cylinder head.

23949.jpg

Nice project. Your english is very good. We don't use english names for auto parts, but the same names you used.

Do you know Kimmo Priuska? He has the most powerful A14 -- 2 bar boost and estimated 200+ HP.

Keep the timing in control and carbs rich, that's the most important. 160 HP is proven with the stock block, pistons, rods, even stock head gasket and a stock unmodified A14 cylinder head.

23949.jpg

Thank you. And no i don't. I think his car is not street legal, because the difference between power and weight is lower than 0.7kw/kg (if i remember right) so i have calculated roughly that i can have 190hp if my car weights 1000kg

And thank you for information! I think i'm going to get ARP bolt kit for this, so that oem bolts wont worn out

It looks like you have a good plan for the project. I love all the pictures. By the way, where did you get those seats? I love the style.

Yeah, i think so too :) And thank you, I'm going to add bunch more when I can get something else done. And oh, i removed them from ford taunus (not original ofc) basically i don't know where they're from. And I think i'm going to have issues to have them legal, But otherwise good so far. Trying to get 4 point seatbelts to them.

Have you considered running fuel injection instead of carbs? It's a good idea especially if you're going to be running a turbo setup.

Cool project and welcome to the forum :)

Yes I had idea of having megasquirt.. But then.. Just no, too much with electricity and stuff, haha. And megasquirt would cost a lot. ( I got my dellortos for free ). And why it's so expensive, i live in Finland, and everything costs too much :( And if I order something from america, i must pay taxes when parts arrive here, 23% of the price. :/

I could do fuel injection instead of carbs, if someone is really willing to help me to do all that.

Carbs will work just fine. Megasquirt is less than $300 USD if you buy direct from manufacturer.

if anyone knows that there is a better oil pump that fits to A15 engine
NISMO used to sell a high-volume pump. It was needed if running extra large bearing clearance, or very high RPMs. It was only a stock A-series pump, with the thicker L16 rotor and center housing. But the A-series pump is a very good design and works good for most racing.

Carbs will work just fine. Megasquirt is less than $300 USD if you buy direct from manufacturer.

NISMO used to sell a high-volume pump. It was needed if running extra large bearing clearance, or very high RPMs. It was only a stock A-series pump, with the thicker L16 rotor and center housing. But the A-series pump is a very good design and works good for most racing.

Mmm, what's included in the package? Do i need a triggerwheel etc? Here it costs 300euros and you will only get that motherboard + components + aluminium case.

Hmm, so what do you think? Should I get that oilpump if i'm running this engine with turbo? Or will the original do just fine?

Thanks! :)

Why do you want a metal head gasket? The stock head gasket can handle at least 160HP (Nissan genuine). The factory A-series metal gaskets were extra thin to increase compression.

Or were you thinking about a custom thickness Copper gasket?

It's just because i want to eliminate some risks. And where could i get this custom thickness copper gasket?

Thanks!

id roll with the standard gasket myself. its an easy job to replace one on an A series, usually takes just a couple of hours. if you run into problems down the line is when you could opt for the more expensive one. just my opinion.

Okay, I can try to roll with a new gasket then, and see what's going to happen! Good opinion :) Thanks mate

Lookin Good! B310's aren't popular here but that's one of the reasons I have one!

Thanks m8! Yeah, have noticed it :D But in case if some one is interested, and I need some opinions and help and suggestions :) Btw, it's that from you picture?

• Atomic changed the title to Datsun B310 turbo coupe, A15 project