Project 280zx converible

zracer!!!!

Hey guys im new here sooo hi! im a college student going for my criminology and i started restoring cars back in high school and now 8 cars later im on my first Datsun and dam is this a beast. i think i may be hooked on z cars now. anyways i picked up this convertible for cheap because i though it was unique and i liked that the top was functional and worked well. it is a turbo and i did a t3/t4 turbo swap to it and its just 3in straight piped with a cold air intake i made for 30 bucks. here is a video of the car. i was very sleepy and brain dead.. if anybody has a parts car from 1979-1983 280 and near washington state please contact me!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgnGToS0QBQ

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.. if anybody has a parts car from 1979-1983 280 and near washington state please contact me!!!!!

Welcome to the site ,, i was at first thinking those lights were kinda cool/weird looking but then you pulled on fender :huh: :no:

i sent you a pm

Welcome to the site ,, i was at first thinking those lights were kinda cool/weird looking but then you pulled on fender :huh: :no:

i sent you a pm

yeah i it was poorly done but people still think it looks really cool when they see it in person. i just love the classic front end look of the car i got all new body parts today for the front end and after i get them cleaned up and painted with the rest of the car it should look really good.

hope you live on the east side of the state or that convertible top is gonna be essentially useless :rofl: . oics are a must, especially of engine bay. and did i spot a swastika rim in that trunk or did my eyes decieve me? :w00t:

your eyes deceive you haha! its just a stock z rim :D

I see you made it on here welcome to Ratsun, I'm the one from YouTube that commented on your video.

yeah i already got a bunch of parts off here for my car hopefully i can get it looking a little classier.

This car was for sale for quite a while. Please fix the lights back to stock! You can always put headlight covers over the stock sugar scoops for a similar look.

Thanks for rescuing this beast

indeed it was for sale for about a year b4 i got it. i got all the body parts i need from a guy off this forum today actually! I couldn't let this thing spend another day being ugly!

• Like 1

I'm glad he did so also, headlight covers changes the cars look and if you really like projector headlights you can make some to retro fit or buy them already made I forgot the member's name. There's 2 different ones they come with and are HID's and look great.

naw i think i will just go with the stock ones its easier and i like the look of them

You can do HIDs that look stock actually. I did a write up as well to get rid of the error light in the center console if you convert a 280ZX to HIDs. The 280ZX stock lights aren't as horrific as the 240Z are....

You can do HIDs that look stock actually. I did a write up as well to get rid of the error light in the center console if you convert a 280ZX to HIDs. The 280ZX stock lights aren't as horrific as the 240Z are....

huh ill look into that. what is the post titled so i can find it?

I looked at that thing on craigslist so many times...but couldn't bring myself to like it enough to buy it...

yeah im glad you didn't buy it! haha or i couldn't have got it. i didn't like the front but that was only a 120 dollar change to get the car back to the stock look.

Z cars or what?

yeah the 240, 260 or 280 convertibles i just don't really know how much these things go for

cool. i think we need to see some more pics of the whole car lol. :thumbup:

sure i can pull it out of the garage in a few days when the air flow meter comes. my drive way is slanted so its hard to push back in. the meter is scheduled to get her friday so ill do it some time this weekend!

The roof adds strength and rigidity to the car's body, so cutting it off will cause it to flex like a sheet of paper. This is why convertibles usually weigh substantially more than coupes/sedans. The factory has to add more 'stiffening' to the chassis.

For example...

2007 Mustang GT Coupe curb weight (lbs) 3,351

2007 Ford Mustang GT Convertible curb weight (lbs) 3,613.

Convertibles, none were stock. All were either done at home, or at a conversion shop, and seems like very few were actually converted. To ask how much they go for, is like asking how much your pink cat is worth, there is no basis.

so when im ready to sell do you think taking it to auction would be a good idea?

280zx's already dont have a huge re sale....

....a convertible will have less. esp in the NW

some people have suggested auctioning it off on ebay. if i set a min and said buyer takes care of shipping i don't think it would be to bad of an idea