Whats the story on bumper ends?

PineClone

Okay dusting off this old topic.

My hope was to replace my deteriorated bumper ends with something...Per this thread, 1990 Montero bumper ends will bolt on directly. I've given this a good try, and the only way to do it is to put them on upside down. That is a decent option, but frankly, they look like they are upside down. I think i've exhausted all options with the exception of getting small bumpers from overseas. That will be expensive and require some body work, but in the end will look a ton better than these beefy fireplace mantles that i have now.

So, where do i start? I see a rear bumper on ebay for FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS, plus $100 shipping. I can make an offer...but before i do that, what is a reasonable price. $500 is way too much. And can i trust these guys from "Thessaloniki, Lalamaria, Greece? 

Here is the link.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-B210-120Y-1974-78-model-rear-chrome-bumper-fits-sedan-/322419590876?hash=item4b11b486dc:g:2CIAAOSwax5YngWp&vxp=mtr

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My hope was to replace my deteriorated bumper ends with something...Per this thread, 1990 Montero bumper ends will bolt on directly. I've given this a good try, and the only way to do it is to put them on upside down. That is a decent option, but frankly, they look like they are upside down. I think i've exhausted all options with the exception of getting small bumpers from overseas. That will be expensive and require some body work, but in the end will look a ton better than these beefy fireplace mantles that i have now.

So, where do i start? I see a rear bumper on ebay for FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS, plus $100 shipping. I can make an offer...but before i do that, what is a reasonable price. $500 is way too much. And can i trust these guys from "Thessaloniki, Lalamaria, Greece? 

Here is the link.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-B210-120Y-1974-78-model-rear-chrome-bumper-fits-sedan-/322419590876?hash=item4b11b486dc:g:2CIAAOSwax5YngWp&vxp=mtr

What's up PineClone, I have purchased different items form those guys in Greece. They are solid. BUT $400 for one bumper is way to high, even for small 120Y bumpers. I would say that a decent price for bumpers is between $400 and $600 for the set. Just my opinion.

You just need the rear small bumper? Or the front and rear too? Rear is easy to find, I've got like 3, front is a bit harder. I've seen the 1200 front bumper adapted to the front before.

Hell I was only asking like 250$ for NOS rear bumpers, 500$ is way to much. My whole front/rear set from Thailand was way cheaper then that.

Where are you in Washington?

I need both front and rear. I live in Wenatchee, but have a friend headed to PDX this weekend and my father-in-law coming to Salem in August.

That said, i have no idea what i'm getting into with regard to mods needed to make this work. I know this has been discussed at length in this forum, so will do some reading. What i do know is that scrapping the big bumpers is really the best option and needs to happen eventually.

I need both front and rear. I live in Wenatchee, but have a friend headed to PDX this weekend and my father-in-law coming to Salem in August.

That said, i have no idea what i'm getting into with regard to mods needed to make this work. I know this has been discussed at length in this forum, so will do some reading. What i do know is that scrapping the big bumpers is really the best option and needs to happen eventually.

Clear out your messages dude, I've been trying to send you a PM.