Post Pics of your dropped 720's

Bagged620bulletside

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I see you have that style front bumper on yours is that the same as mine cause i have the metal end caps but they are wider than the stock front bumper why is that?

Different bumpers. You have 4 different styles of front ends.

You have the rareish round head light Datsun 720 made for the middle east and eastern Europe.

You have rectangular Datsun front end.

You have the Nissan 720 front end.

The 4WD front ends are different too. Just grille differences.

Bumpers, lower vailences, grilles, and fender parking lights are all different. I believe the model split was 83 to 84, not sure on that though. All of the parts are interchangable though. I'm still trying to get the round headlight grille and headlight buckets from the middle east. Maybe when I go to Kuwait here in a couple months I can find somebody who can get me some parts.

That's a pretty clean looking photoshop.

fourdoor720_1.jpg

This is the one I want. It's the 84 and later. South American or something.

Truthfully, I'd take either.

Can someone help me find one?

So would that be aftermarket?

I thought they only came out in 1980, at least from the factory, and the 84 model grills are made differant, the headlights are an inch lower.

That is my truck, it is not photo shop.

DSCN0054.jpg

So would that be aftermarket?

I thought they only came out in 1980, at least from the factory, and the 84 model grills are made differant, the headlights are an inch lower.

That is my truck, it is not photo shop.

DSCN0054.jpg

Ermagherd. Did not know. SWEET! Everything including the Datsun emblem was the same, so I just figured it was shopped. And it was missing the 2 top screws in the grille.

I don't think it's aftermarket. The south american one that is. It is however, the only one I've seen. My guess is it was made for markets where square headlights weren't legal at the time. Back in the day, I think prior to '77, only round headlights were legal in the U.S. Of course, this was 5 years before I was born, so I don't really know.

• Like 1

I bought mine from skyc110, not sure if any NOS are available like the one in my photo above, but aftermarket are available.

I actually bought 3 of them, one NOS silver(photo above), one NOS black, and one aftermarket black, unfortunately the aftermarket black one had scratches on it, and I didn't know it till after I sent it out to be chrome plated, so now it is back in my possession, not sure what I am going to do with that one, the NOS black one is likely going out to be chromed, still on the fence, if I could only find someone local that can chrome plastic.

If you contact him, and are going to buy one, let me know, I might see if he can find a perfect aftermarket one and ship it with yours.

That's a pretty clean looking photoshop.

fourdoor720_1.jpg

This is the one I want. It's the 84 and later. South American or something.

Truthfully, I'd take either.

Can someone help me find one?

See i want the front bumper like this and i would like to get the stock frill cause if you look at the bottom of mine the lines are way off. But im having trouble finding front end parts where i live rightnow.

404271_374727662610953_1604016077_n.jpg

I don't like the bumper you have either, it is 4 inches deep, I have the thinner bumper on my truck, it's only about 2 inches deep, it still has the tacky plastic corners, but it looks better than the type you have on your truck now.

DSCN0834.jpg

The thin bumpers are hard to find, not sure what the option was for it, maybe only on the 1980 models.

It actually dosent ride as bad as i expected.i still cruize around town i had to remove my front shocks cus it was too low cut my front bump stops in half i also had to c notch the rear the wheels im goin to change it sits about an inch and a half off the ground so rite now i.just have it slammed with.my original wheels im goin to put.my z71 wheels on it so it will still be low but with a little bigger wheel so it can tuck the wheels on the pic are 15x9.5 with 195/45/15 tires.stretched out looks great but cant really drive it much bein that low thats why different wheels it is lol