Fender mirrors?

Datsun1978

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really what you need to do is sit in the car, and have someone hold them to the fenders and get an idea of where you can view them best. There is no 'right' place to put them, just somewhere you can see them. They only function if they're within your view.

• Like 1

I mounted mine to line up with the end of the side marker light. Not saying that is the correct way, but it matched the pics I've seen the best.

811D4667-F52B-480A-B10F-3112F500F0A5-3689-00000245C23E7720.jpg

Another B210, same style mirror.

55mmf7.jpg

There is a correct way -- when you buy a new fender mirror from Nissan it comes with measurements for where to place it and a template for cutting the two holes.

It is also in the factory service manual (non-USA versions).

The 1973 fender mirrors are placed big hole at 32.2 inches from front edge of door and small hole depends on exactly which mirror option it is.

Mirror face probably 27-28 inches. Mine are placed mirror face at 24" and it seems to work well. At 27 I think it would give a better view of the blind spot.

There is a correct way -- when you buy a new fender mirror from Nissan it comes with measurements for where to place it and a template for cutting the two holes.

It is also in the factory service manual (non-USA versions).

The 1973 fender mirrors are placed big hole at 32.2 inches from front edge of door and small hole depends on exactly which mirror option it is.

Mirror face probably 27-28 inches. Mine are placed mirror face at 24" and it seems to work well. At 27 I think it would give a better view of the blind spot.

Very informative! :thumbup:

As an addendum to GG's notes, some cars have an indention in the frame rail (at the top of the fender). That indention is for the lower mount (bit that goes inside the fender) on the OEM fender mirrors.

If you look closely, you can see it just ahead of the strut in this photo:

Corner_Gusset.jpg

Hmmm this could be useful next week ^_^