Parting 81 280zx 5 speed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated pricing and what parts are good and bad...

car is off my trailer and getting taken apart right now. I took a butt load more pics and will try and get them posted later today. Remember all my prices are OBO. Just dont lowball like a mofo, I hate that. I'm not gonna sell the trans for $50, even more so if I'm the one pulling it.

Updated pricing and what parts are good and bad...

car is off my trailer and getting taken apart right now. I took a butt load more pics and will try and get them posted later today. Remember all my prices are OBO. Just dont lowball like a mofo, I hate that. I'm not gonna sell the trans for $50, even more so if I'm the one pulling it.

i will risk ??? on the trans pm me if your interested, if you pull it and the internals look good price could be negotiable.

If you read the rules for posting or replying to a 'for sale' item you'll see that offers below the asking price should be submitted to the poster by private message. This avoids people offering ridiculous low ball prices because they don't like the price. The price is what the price is and is up to the seller. If your offer is the best and he agrees then that's between you two and not subject to debate on the forum.

If you read the rules for posting or replying to a 'for sale' item you'll see that offers below the asking price should be submitted to the poster by private message. This avoids people offering ridiculous low ball prices because they don't like the price. The price is what the price is and is up to the seller. If your offer is the best and he agrees then that's between you two and not subject to debate on the forum.

sorry i didnt know that rule wont happen again.

Did some testing...

I had the motor running for about 20-30 seconds and sounds good. No knocks or ticks and cant see it smoking, but then again it's only running for a few seconds.

Window regulators/motors are good. Pending sale on the right side.

Passenger seat is removed, however the left (inner Bracket) had to be cut due to rusty nuts that are un-removable.

Parts SOLD:

-wing

-passenger mirror

Pending sales:

-T-tops

-RH window motor

Working on getting the motor and trans pulled... AS soon as that happens, it will be loaded on my trailer and stripped. Please be patient, I also have work and such and pulling in the rain is not the moost fun. Send me a PM if you would like to know anything or have an offer.

All PM's have been replyed...

Also found that the AC system looks to be good! Still had pressure as I cracked the lines. So if anyone is interested, I have the condenser, lines, acumulator, and pump. Not sure how good the pump will be from sitting, but all the other parts should be good.

The motor/trans is almost out.

I pulled the dash yesterday as well. It has 1 crack in it if anyone wants it, come pick it up it's yours free of charge. Does not include guages.

Ignition has also been pulled and ready to ship almog with inner door trim if anyone is interested.

Motor and trans are pulled! I took about 50 more pics so if there is something you want to see, left me know and I can post the pics.

I will only have the comeplete car for less then a week from today. Looking to have it scrapped by Monday or so.

Deadsilvia,

That spoiler may be the real.deal screen rear wing that was used to homologate into.competition back in the 80s, If its the real deal it must be made from polyurethane I.stead of.fiberglass.

I had luck driving one.of.those rare zx-r, I thought it was a body kit.option only but the transmission and rear end are special to.that car from the way it went thru the gears more rapidly than I was used to, possibly the motor is special in some way too-u might wanna check the bin and see if its a zx-R!

Btw this is.Conrad from the canadapulsar gtir site, I have been wanting to talk to.you more about the registration process for our rare cars

Deadsilvia,

That spoiler may be the real.deal screen rear wing that was used to homologate into.competition back in the 80s, If its the real deal it must be made from polyurethane I.stead of.fiberglass.

I had luck driving one.of.those rare zx-r, I thought it was a body kit.option only but the transmission and rear end are special to.that car from the way it went thru the gears more rapidly than I was used to, possibly the motor is special in some way too-u might wanna check the bin and see if its a zx-R!

Btw this is.Conrad from the canadapulsar gtir site, I have been wanting to talk to.you more about the registration process for our rare cars

1979 was the only year for 280ZXR's the wing is similar but not the same as a ZXR I know because I have one and they were made from rubber.

The wing I have was fiberglass. I know this car didnt come thing way. Too much 90's style to feel OEM. Did you see the exhaust tip on this thing?! "Shudder!!!!"

Also an update... The shell is loaded and stripped and ready to go the scrap yard. I updated prices and such as well...

I'll get pics soon. The wing looks like those massive ones that people used to get for the old 911's... haha

I'm located just outside of Seattle WA.

im in tacoma and i need front and rear bumpers both front fenders and a hood if nobody has gotten them yet please mssg me ill come up and get them!

Thanks guys! Pleasure doing business!

Parts sold:

-Complete Struts, hubs, front brakes, control arms

-both fenders, both doors, hood, headlight extenchions, head light buckets, hood hindges, marker lights, ignition, rear struts, both bumpers... I think thats it... lol

Took the Z to the scrap yard yesterday so what is listed for parts, is what I have left and is all pulled ready for pick up or possible shipping. I'll try and update the parts list as best I can.

I still have the trans and motor sitting in the shop... I have had a number of offers on the trans. You guys need to keep in mind I have a 720 that will need a trans someday and this one will bolt right to my L20 so it needs to be worth while for me. I dont need a HD trans in my truck but if I go and sell this one, that means I have to go pull another one. Unless you come up with a good one in part trade, I might tthink about that... 3rd gear is starting to in the 720..

The trans comes with the flywheel and clutch for the right price... Motor comes with the FI and what not. Both are being stored indoors.

• 1 month later...

Still have some parts left over...

-axles

-diff

-complete rear hubs w/control arms, brakes, and e-brake cable.

-window regulators

-T-top's

-cluster

-arm rest's

-passenger power window switch

And I think thats it. Sold the motor a couple weeks ago local...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.