KA24DET B310 BUILD UP

jesusno2

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bumpers removed man those park benches are heavy suckers!

image_zpst3o1vqtv.jpg

image_zpsdzb93tk5.jpg

Made a little progress on my Ka today took me forever trying to figure out how the cam timing works, The factory service manual really lacks info on how it goes together and the info online kinda sucks too. I'm pretty sure its right now. i also forgot to have the front cover decked with the machine shop surfaced my cylinder head. Glad there is a milling machine at work!!

image_zpshnnuzuao.jpg

image_zpsji45gwwx.jpg

image_zps5vr9kjwy.jpg

• Like 2

Well i was shocked when i picked up the front bumper because i think it weighs about 5lbs (seriously) its very light and paper thin sheetmetal.

Anything is better than stock. I took mine off recently and because it was so heavy I

gained nearly an inch of ground clearance.

• 2 weeks later...

Making progress of taking a perfect driving car and making it useless!! only temporary though. Also after doing some measurements with my 200sx crossmember the oilpan still wont clear the oil pan i took a few pics of how far and how deep in needs notched to clear roughly. also got some rust in the battery area i need to take care of. 

image_zpsbypnqxnl.jpg

image_zpsf42c7fpr.jpg

image_zpshduinxdo.jpg

• Like 1

image_zpsqcklwo3j.jpg

image_zpsl8wqlx2l.jpg

image_zpskdw82a8u.jpg

image_zpsqcqcsxt6.jpg

We redrilled the mounts to move the engine back one inch if you look you can just barley see the stock holes.

image_zpsf13omy6d.jpg

image_zpsfh0romfi.jpg

Sway bar is still a concern but i think i can lower it and shorten the endlinks. So this wasn't a bolt in swap with the 200sx crossmember it bolts on but fitting a radiator will suck, and the pan will sit right on top of the sway bar without moving the engine back some. 

• Like 1

We redrilled the mounts to move the engine back one inch

Was this for sway bar clearance or because racecar? 

So this wasn't a bolt in swap with the 200sx crossmember 

Would an A10 crossmember be better or worse? Also, did the 200SX crossmember widen the track? 

it bolts on but fitting a radiator will suck

From here it looks like you have plenty of room? are you using a slim aluminum radiator or? Looks like a Rabbit radiator would fit fine? 

I dont like engines that sit up high and foward it goes against center of gravity logic the ka is already taller and heavyer than a A14. The 200sx crossmember is a spitting image of a 210 crossmember with taller engine mounts and beefier rubber isolaters that you can buy new still. Im going to be using a megan racing all aluminum 2 core AE86 radiator. It fits very nice physically and the inlet outlets are on the correct sides and the right size.

I used the 200sx that had a napz 2.2 and rubber mounts its not the cats meow but it does set the engine at the right angle and saves some time. It does set the engine low so watch for oil pan to crossmember clerance once redrilled and pushed back i actually added a 1/4 shim cause mine was touching once the engine settled on the mounts