KA24DET B310 BUILD UP

jesusno2

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke: This is a fine-looking build. I know nothing about turbo reliability, but I'm guessing with 10 psi boost and forged rods and pistons this should run a long time.

What is the final compression ratio?

What is the overall height of those tires tires?

What size are those front rotors and which Wilwood calipers are those?

I am wondering what your rims will be like with the 4:10 LSD at 70mph, but I'm guessing this will be a nice cruiser on the highway without too much buzzing, and yet astounding pickup, no?  I bet it will also have very nice torque at about 1,500-2,000 rpm on up.

My 2-liter BMW 4 cyl is a single turbo twin scroll design, and uses 17 psi at 10:1 compression ratio. 274hp and 300ft pounds at 1,250rpm, so very nice torque down low.  But God forbid I have to work on it ... lol!

Anyway, I have yet to experience driving a KA24DE with turbo myself; my 311 roadster is KA24de NA.

Of all the builds on Ratsun, there are five I would most like to drive and experience the vehicle dynamics in:

Bob's MX520 :)

Bory's Datstang

Jeff Hino's beige 510 with the SR20 and R&P

Orangie's KA 620 with R&P and a/c

This little off-white beast:)

• Like 1

Wow thanks that you put my junk up there in that upper echelon of datsun builds. Lemme see...

Compression ratio. Factory KA24de i think is 9.0.1

Tire size. 195 50 15. I will be getting a set of drag radial's for it not sure on size depends on what kinda wheels i can find to mount them on i would like a 235 or 225 60 15 tire for some drag strip fun. The brakes i forget what they are. Its all 510 stuff that troy ermish sells cause these are cut down 510 struts

The worst part about building a car is having to go back and fix things you were not expecting damn intake was leaking water took me 2 hours and 15 min to casually remove regasket and reinstall. If anyone reads this and is torn what gaskets to purchase i will say cometic gaskets are very nice about 2x the thickness of the felpro intake wise anyways dunno bout the rest.

DE66240F-9CC4-4461-8B52-1B146E437DBB_zps

• Like 2

No idea honestley. it just didn't seal up.I'm having this issue alot! i got a oil leak coming from my pcv valve box deal'o also and i think my damn rear main is leaking also might have to pull the engine back out, or oil is running down along the pan lip and dripping from there, I'm not sure. One problem at a time, and eventually i will get it worked out.