WTB Clutch Pressure Plate for J13 Engine

I want to rebuild the clutch on my wagon. I've found friction disc 200 mm and Clutch release bearing. I can't find a pressure plate or pilot bearing. Does anyone have a source? Would the roadster clutches work? Does the J13 interchange with Austin parts?

Thanks!

Buddy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roadster clutches fit the L series. I don't know about the J... very doubtful. Much too heavy duty anyway.

520 J13 motor pressure plate #30209-24000 up to '69 assuming the 411 uses the same flywheel.

J13 pilot bushings are #32202-30000 and used an all Nissan motors up to the '96 Pathfinder.

Thanks. Rock auto has a complete clutch kit for the 520 J13 engine. That would solve my problem unless Nissan radically changed clutches between trucks and cars. I would suspect the clutch would be heavier duty on the truck which would be ok with me. I will check the parts catalog and see pressure plate part number.

OK looking at my parts catalog for the Clutch (1.3L, exc UTK) shows pressure plate as 30209-10601. Also (listed as interchangeable with 30210-10601) is a 30210-24000. So I have three part numbers all of which contain either the prefix or the suffix of the Truck 30209-24000.

Analyzing the Nissan part numbers (as described by the catalog):

Section Character part type Distinction

520 Truc 30 209 - 240 00

411 (1) 30 210 106 01

411 (2) 30 210 240 00

411 (3) 30 209 106 01

The Section (30) indicates major function (30 = Clutch group)

Character (209 or 210) indicates minor classification, 200 being a clutch cover and pressure plate

Part type number (106 or 240) indicates the applied model. This means the part is originally designe for that model, but may be used across models. In this case a 106 = P410 model, a 240 is not listed as my catalog is for 411's and not 520's.

Similartiy indicates a slight change or revision between parts, in this case the difference between 00 and 01 are similar.

Therefore I think I can use the 520 pressure plate because the 411 and 520 both share a character and part type number, ???

Not sure that you can count on that logic. But I'd say there is a pretty good chance it will work.

You should check the flywheel. If they both use the same flywheel PN, that means pressure plate will bolt up.

Also if you rebuild the clutch, no need to worry about this. The rebuild shop will just just take of it.

Thanks for the help, my catalog shows the flywheel part number as 12310-10601. I don't have the 520 catalog, so I don't have that part number. Catalog does note it is for the F&S clutch, what ever that is-- also shows the friction disk as a 30100-14800, a 148 being the model number for a 520 pickup, after 1965. So it appears to use the same friction disk as the 520 after 1965.

At this point I've found the pilot and thrust bearings and friction disk that are specific to the 411, and I've found the complete clutch kit for the 520 pickup, which includes the pressure plate (all at pretty reasonable prices). I think my position will be to take a chance on the 520 pressure plate fitting and finding a place to rebuild the old 411 pressure plate as a fallback.

Does someone have the part number for the flywheel for a 520?

Excellent. Thanks for this information. 12310-10601 is the same flywheel as the 411.

I apologize for over zealous posting just didn't know if the truck folks would read the other thread. I'm new ton this forum but really ppreciate the help.

Thank you

Yes, I think it will work. The pictures in the service manual match exactly the picture on RockAuto, with the unique three splines which looks very different from the Roadster/R16 engine clutch. This was a good exercise in getting familiar with the Nissan part numbers, the 411 catalog and service manual, and getting great help from the community. The manual actually walks you through a rebuild of the pressure plate, which will be a fall back position.

buddy

Yeah that will be a spring (look like valve springs) pressure plate. I think they need adjustments as the disc wears down?

I would assume that stiffer springs could be used for more grip??? My info shows the spring as 37 Kg. as there are 9 of them I wonder if this means 333 Kg. total pressure???

Received the kit from rock auto yesterday (wow they really rock) . Pressure plate matches the pictures in the service manual so I think this is a go. What was confusing is that several kits are on the market (Rhino and Sachs) that show a fit for both the 1.6 and1.3 J engines using the same kit, which has a pressure plate that has the many "fingers" and not the " 3 finger" plate shown in the service manual. Sachs listed it as a universal fit and Rhino called it out specifically for the 1.3 411. I'm not saying they won't work but I was cautious because of anecdotal evidence that the R and J engines would use different clutches.

I will look in the manual and see if the pressure plate can be adjusted as the clutch wears. It does go into detail about rebuilding the pressure plate so you may be correct ----

• 1 month later...

Just an update. The clutch from Rockauto was a perfect replacement for the 411 1.3 L, even though it was not advertised as such. While we had the opportunity we compared the pressure plates to the roadster pressure plate and the bolt holes lined up perfectly so I suspect the roadster pressure plates would fit also. New clutch is in and working great.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.