$5,000 1969 2Door Datsun 510 KA24E San Diego

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still for sale for $5000obo, probably right now the best way to contact me is through the internet means, since I am in oregon snowed in on top of a mountain till new years with absolutely 0 cell phone.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S.

All extras are still here except for the Front spoiler.

Nice dime Mike.  I saw your 240Z V8 you had for sale too and just wanted to say it looks like you do quality builds.  Too bad Ratsun'rs are too cheap [lol] to take this off your hands !     I know... it all adds up quick especially if you aren't taking shortcuts, plus you started with what appears to be a very good chassis.

Nice dime Mike.  I saw your 240Z V8 you had for sale too and just wanted to say it looks like you do quality builds.  Too bad Ratsun'rs are too cheap [lol] to take this off your hands !     I know... it all adds up quick especially if you aren't taking shortcuts, plus you started with what appears to be a very good chassis.

Honest truth is I never intended on selling any of these cars in the first place hehe, I planned on building them both well and hopefully having them last me a life time. But opportunities in life come up you just can't say no to, and an opportunity like that for me has come up and now I have to part with them and leave over seas , and I know what happens to these cars when they get stored in a families barns, I honestly rather see this car go and get worked on then rot.

I am very fortunate with the quality of this chassis, the usual rubbers are rotting out, but that's cause I haven't found anyone that makes one that doesn't fall apart after 6 months heh, but Iv made sure to make sure that there is no water leaking through the cracked rubbers and the car pretty much stands in my garage all the time :).

Not that it really matters, but whats the build date on this thing? All the visual cues suggest its a 70+. It must be a late 69 build when they used 70s parts on it.

I wont be able to check until I get back home. But I also wouldn't rule out that the previous owner put in a 70's dash, since I know he had access to a lot of that stuff.

He would have had to swap over front fender as well since they are square. Cant tell with no rear lights though... just curious on the matter.

No problem at all, It would be cool to know something more about the car than I already do hehe. I know that it also uses the orange needle gauges which from what Iv been told didn't come out till the 70's but I don't know.

But I do agree that the when you look at the car from the outside it looks more like a 70's dime then a 60's, it does have the original build plate under the hood, so as soon as I get home from this family gathering I can look into it :).

Hello,

I have been dreaming of my first 510 for a long long time.

I like this one. I think it would suit me.

I do not know much about these cars/engines/swaps etc but I do and can and have worked on my own cars in the past.

I have contacted the seller, Mike, but would just like to ask you other folks out there that know a bunch about these cars what you think of this one. How did it look/sound to you in the videos? The price? Engine/Tranny/Rear end combo? General condition? etc etc.

I also know that it is against forum rules to denigrate any of the cars or adds listed for sale.

So if you would like to (or have to... lol) PM me any of your opinions.

Thanks a bunch.

Thanks to too Mike.

(btw... sent you an e-mail this morning)

(Safe travels Mike)

fwiw...

I have always liked "rat" type rods. Sleepers too.

I'm not into real fancy or shiney or wash and wax every other day.

Like I said... as is... I think this car suits me.

But then again... smooth and fancy and glassy bright yellow is cool too.

What do ya'll think?

Hello,

I have been dreaming of my first 510 for a long long time.

I like this one. I think it would suit me.

I do not know much about these cars/engines/swaps etc but I do and can and have worked on my own cars in the past.

I have contacted the seller, Mike, but would just like to ask you other folks out there that know a bunch about these cars what you think of this one. How did it look/sound to you in the videos? The price? Engine/Tranny/Rear end combo? General condition? etc etc.

I also know that it is against forum rules to denigrate any of the cars or adds listed for sale.

Thanks a bunch.

Thanks to too Mike.

(btw... sent you an e-mail this morning)

(Safe travels Mike)

fwiw...

I have always liked "rat" type rods. Sleepers too.

I'm not into real fancy or shiney or wash and wax every other day.

Like I said... as is... I think this car suits me.

But then again... smooth and fancy and glassy bright yellow is cool too.

What do ya'll think?

Email replied to my friend, let me know if you need anything else.

P.S. I don't mind questions being asked and answered in my thread about my car. I mean thats what its here for :)

Thanks a bunch.

What do ya'll think?

Nobody?

Please.

Pretty Please ;)

Thanks again.

Have great days ya'll.

What do ya'll think?

(((( ADMINS WHAT'S UP WITH THE HTML, I CANNOT MAKE QUOTES STAY INSIDE THE QUOTE BOX ???  I'M PRETTY SURE I'M USING THE TAGS CORRECTLY ? ))))

Any Datsun that's not cancerous in the floors, lower fenders, doors, rockers, doglegs,,battery tray and hatch (or trunk in this case) is a pretty darn good start, also the following points to look for (list could be really long for some, but this is a quick off-the-top of my head list....)

(also these traits aren't necessarily related to this car in particular)

-Dashes that aren't cracked to hell

-Clean and complete interiors with upgraded seats always good

-Engine swaps that are done cleanly and well integrated  (like this one appears to be)

-Suspension & brake upgrades always good

-Drivetrain upgrades like 5-speeds and limited slip rears are always a big plus (description says Subaru rear, usually implies lsd but you have to ask)

-All instrumentation hooked up and working !

-A/c is rare, but and at least a working heater

-No fuel problems from rusty tanks or badly plumbed 'upgrades', lol

-Fenders that are fairely straight, rust free, and not 'oil canning' (stretched and always popping in and out from the slightest touch -fixable yes, but just something to look for)

-Any rare JDM accessories / badges / grilles, etc, even transplanted ones are pretty much a plus, just don't go crazy imo

Overall, one that has been tastefully upgraded and sorted out so all the important systems work well, body work is decent and either close or ready for paint (or already decently painted for that matter) in the $5k 'ish range and you are in a pretty good zone.  Plus I tend to trust long time members here on Ratsun (especially when they have posted their whole build) much more than Mr. Random on craigslist..  Hope that helps in your opinion.

One last thing, I don't know Mike (510can) here personally, but from his builds I've seen and the way he has described everything, it doesn't look like he's flipping cars for a quick run on somebody.

Thanks much Ben,

I think you and I are on the same page.

Everything you just stated makes me appreciate this car even more.

btw...

I saw Mike's 240Z (w SB 350) to.... too late :(

I'm kinda bummed I missed that one.

I mighta coulda got two dream cars all at once.

(saved on shipping?)

Well ladies and gents she is still here, someone come and pick her up, throw me an offer and we'll see what I can do.

I was away for a few days visiting family before I leave, but now Im back and ready to sell this beast.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

How long will you be out of the states?

Would the car still be available for sale while your away?

I'm just asking... just in case.

Also in case anybody else wants to know.

Thanks again Mike for all your help.

You take good care. Enjoy.

Ian

Im going to be out of the states indefinitely, but how about we get this thing sold today eh?

Someone throw me an offer :)  My leave date is coming up really fast, and when Im gone, Im probably just going to throw this thing in the barn, cause I really don't want to be dealing with car sales related things while im thousands of miles away.

Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.