Wanna get a Weber but ?'s

KELMO

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

And dude the 32/36 can be had for $250-350. I found one new for $205 plus shipping. Won't reveal my source yet until I know if I want this used 38 outlaw or not. Lol

38/38 is a two barrel synchronous carb while the 32/36 is a progressive carb. The 38's throttle plates both open at the same time, while the 32/36 has primary/secondary modulation.

I have always felt that a 38 DGAS is too much for a L motor. I'd go with the 32/36.

Not revealing your sources... why? Who are you, Edward Snowden?

• Like 2

I liked the 38/38  but if you live on hills then I say no. I used this on a cammed ported L16. above idel was fine. on hills I have to really clutche it otherwise it would die. was running so rich that the intake manifold was getting black.

L20 is a bigger motor and if you cam it and match port the dead and intake I think it would be ok. But Stoffregren is pretty knoledgable on this stuff.

daily driver 32/36  or if stock carb is reaaly best if they still work. but most are worn out

• Like 1