Wanna get a Weber but ?'s

KELMO

Application: 72 1200/stock A12 motor/4speed/manual choke

Figured out (obviously on here and 1200.com) I need 32/36DGV. The only kit I can find is a WK657 (on Redlines site or Webers, can't remember), which appears to fit just about every Datsun from our era (510,521,620,etc,etc) but no listing for a 1200. I did find a part # for a DGV kit (K8688) but on the price list it comes in at almost $1100.00 and says call or email which makes me think it may be NLA. Also found part # 22680.005 for just the carb (as far as I could tell) but no kit.

So, that being said, the questions.

Has anyone used the WK657 on a 1200?

Does anyone wanna be a sugar daddy and buy me the $1100.00 kit?( I keed)

Does anyone know the corresponding part # for the 22680.005 carb?

Thanks ya'll

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelmo:

These guys list http://www.pierceman...tegory_s/99.htm a Datsun 1200 Kit as a K624 for 32/36DGEV for $339.95 and if you are willing to spend your $1100.00 they still list both single and dual side draft manifolds, 1X or 2X Weber 40 DCOE, the dual carbs kit $1200.00- so your alittle short at $1100.00. I have bought kits from them before and found them to be very helpful- since old school is what they do. Best of all, they sell 3 different (major/minor) rebuild kits and spacer blocks with gaskets. Since I still run a stock engine in Smurf, I found a 32/32 to work really well, but they are hard to come by.

Thanks for the links guys. The K624 # looks like something I had in my notes. Yeah, the $1100.00 is a little more than I wanna spend but the upside to that is that it would double the value of my car :thumbup: I would have PM'd GG but dang its Sunday the guy deserves a day off once in a while.

Morrisun,

The K624 kit shows to be Electronic choke but I think could try the 510 one and order the adaptor for the 1200 and be good..would be almost the same money....got more diggin to do, what the hell happened to my font?

Edit: seems to me there was an extra lead in the harness I used....maybe I can haz electronic choke after all.

72-73 1200 came stock with an electric choke-the wiring diagram shows a choke relay (near the horn on drivers side next to the radiator)and Smurf use to have one, UHH_OH? The Weber on it is a manual choke carb. Should hook-up to your relay with no problems, if you still have a choke relay??

Get the electric choke -- runs great in cold or hot weather. Connects to the same wire as 1972-up Datsun carburetor. Or just connect it to coil-resistor '+' terminal. It doesn't need a choke relay, that is only for a fail-safe if you leave the ignition on when engine is stopped.

L20B and A12 kits use the same jetting. It runs OK on any stock Datsun engine. You can then rejet it to get optimum fuel economy.

The difference in 32/36 kits is:

* which adapter and linkage is included

* Electric, manual or water-heated choke

* Whether it is a "street-legal" carb or not

• 4 years later...

If I remember correctly it was a pretty simple bolt on deal.  Just remember to tighten everything down, or you could end up with lawnmower parts holding your throttle linkage on. :thumbup:

Long story...just trust me.

If I remember correctly it was a pretty simple bolt on deal. Just remember to tighten everything down, or you could end up with lawnmower parts holding your throttle linkage on. :thumbup:

Long story...just trust me.

Is there something wrong with lawnmower parts on your throttle linkage? I thought that was a perfectly acceptable thing to do....

• Like 1

"Is there something wrong with lawnmower parts on your throttle linkage? I thought that was a perfectly acceptable thing to do..."

Well, around my place it is, but some might look at it as being wrong( I just don't know who they are).

• Like 1

If you get the weber u need an adapter that goes in top of your intake, then the carb. I heard the issue with the one piece adapter is clearance issue with the hood but if l16 or l18 my be okay. Good luck.

Does weber sell different adapters or is this something I should be looking elsewhere for?  

Anyone know where to get the best price on one?