KA24de Datsun 620 swap,

chebetio510

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks was lookin at the thread dont want to end up with spacers.. . might just go with the hardbody calipers,.. on another note..Pics,,,

Got 720 leaf springs... for More drop

IMAG2078.jpg

The camper shell, not sure but have a felling its too small.. :(

IMAG2075.jpg

IMAG2079.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So picked up this grill and Spoiler at the Eagle Rock swapmeet.. test fitting looks good..

52773_497874566913886_1113224616_o.jpg

working on the truck's wiriing and im a bit lost.. how to make the ka alternator work.. i dont have the lower harness for the ka so don't ahve that plug.. Also, starting the motor, am i using the original starter wire from the 620 ? was looking at Icehouse's can am diagram and it say's to use a orange wire for starter? do i combine that wire with the orginal 620?

PM Redeye on here. Icehouse did his he might be able to awnser that one or loook at his setup.

I believe the orange goes to the ECU box to signal something going by memory. But yea use the starter wire. and combine them I would think. But ask to be sure. But be better if you put that in drawing. Or you could just find the hot start wire and splice it from there if this was a Point ignition truck.

Lower harness for the KA? Why dont you go to the Junk yard or even NAPA might have the plug and you can make a nice jumper from the old 620 harness to the KA plug.

Datzenmike has a photo of this I believe he made.

whatever you do dont let the last guy wire the truck like your 510. We all know what happen to a car that was running 40years perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Which transmission are you using?

If you are using the KA trans, you will need to bolt up the rear portion of the drive shaft and carrier bearing mount. Measure from the center of the drive shaft flange to the center of the trans output. This will tell the driveshaft shop how long to make the front section of the shaft. Make sure to tell them how you got the measurement so they can account for the slip yoke.

• 1 month later...

got most of the wiring done today.. was going to test start.. but got motor to crank once and starter went out.. the starter had been sitting for a while.. wasnt sure on the condition.. fuel lines are in..... working on the center link.. was using the 3/4 step drill but seems to have become dull.. it wont cut anymore... so will try to get a new bit.. 

yay got  the truck started cooling system not done yet.. but luckily i know it will start.. gavin a slight issue though.. starts fine but shuts off almost instantly unless i accelerate the engine. it rev up fine but as soon as u let off it dies... It does not have the intake done yet... does the MAF sensor not  being hooked up make tht big of an impact.. ?

Yep that will cause some problems. Good to hear you got it to fire :D

Yep that will cause some problems. Good to hear you got it to fire :D

yup i am glad also.. man everything is tight in there.. lol looks like the stock speedometer will work length wise