Hey guys!

n.rico

Just thought I'd jump on here and introduce myself since I may need some help or have some questions in the future.

My name is Nick and I'm the lucky guy that picked up John's (Datsunfreak) B210 earlier this year. It's completely different from anything I've had in the past but I'm slowly getting used to it. I haven't changed much on it since I bought it, just been enjoying driving it around.

Anyways, here's a few recent photos of it.

8087977223_13a233700a_c.jpg

8087588131_cdf2084f23_c.jpg

8088189753_8e74f0aee4_c.jpg

8087743031_abe843d2cf_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how does one come accross such gems? ebay luck?

I got my rear off ebay Australia (you can get fronts there too, if you're patient), front I basically got from YJA (friend stationed in Okinawa got it for me).

Personally, I think http://www.ebay.com.au is your best bet, but you have to be VERY patient, and dig around a bit. I'd suggest searching "120Y" and "B210" every day. :thumbup:

I got my rear off ebay Australia (you can get fronts there too, if you're patient), front I basically got from YJA (friend stationed in Okinawa got it for me).

Personally, I think http://www.ebay.com.au is your best bet, but you have to be VERY patient, and dig around a bit. I'd suggest searching "120Y" and "B210" every day. :thumbup:

For example: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Datsun-120Y-sedan-rear-bar-/130788132928?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e73948840

Says local pickup, but I have had good luck messaging people to ask for international shipping quotes.

So, I could use a little help diagnosing a problem.

Here's what happened. I was leaving a store when I noticed my headlights were out. No big deal, just needs a new fuse. I run by the local parts store to get some more fuses and get the bad fuse swapped out. The headlights are sorted out, I start the car and it runs for just a few seconds before the engine dies. When I go to start it again I get nothing. There's no click when I turn the key or anything. Up until this point everything has been fine with the car both mechanically and electrically so I don't have much else to go on.

I checked everything I could think of but I'm still learning these cars so any advice or help is much appreciated.

Change to blade fuses...made my own fuse box and did it today in a couple hours Took a small plastic box, drilled holes for female spade connectors to pop the blade fuses in, crimped the proper lengths of wire in, krazy glued the terminals into the box, held all the wires out of the way, filled the back of the box fulla sillycone, then today I went out and one by one, changed the wires from my half melted stock turd fusebox to the new one, using the butt splice method from the existing fusebox to the new one. Several different feed wires, and one of them feeds three fuses, so watch what youre doing.

There might also be a fusible link under the hood near the battery that will need to be repaired...

• 1 month later...