just drove 10 hours for my first 510!!! let the madness begin!

macgyver

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

well here's another update,

My first plan was just doing a swap over this coming winter, than maybe paint a few years down the road but that all changed after I had an offer I couldn't refuse to get the paint work done. So 

I just finished stripping the car down, the only thing left are the front and rear windows. I believe all the parts that I need are either here or on order for this swap to happen starting in a few weeks :)

than after the welding and fitting the motor an all it's bits, it'll go in for paint. If all goes right an all the planning is done ahead of time, I'm hoping that I'll be in paint by the begining of July and back on the road shortly thereafter. Just happening so fast but It'll def be worth the wait.....

look for my build thread after I we get started. I promise I'll take lots of pics.

Well, might be leaving the exterior for now and putting her back together as I already stripped everything off.

I need to figure out how to make my flares looks natural without too much fabrication. Since the car is a dark plum/cherry, you really don't notice that the previous owner used the door saver strips on the edge of all four fenders...

This color actually looks good, even at 2 feet..;). There are of course a couple spots that need to be touched up but I think I'm going to wait a year or so before I paint her..... Was planning on robins egg blue...datsun color #567

Thoughts???

1A80E6FA-9783-440F-835A-983362359507-673

man i love that color bummer its gone, the robins egg is a great color, this purple was unique tho..

Not gone yet, still debating on holding off paint for a bit....this plum color actually grew on me an I'm having a hard time letting go, the flare situation has me in a holding pattern....

Keep the plum or tweak the flares a bit and paint???? Decisions decisions.....

I really wish I could make it, wanted to go the big east coast meet down south that weekend as well but it's my daughters 3rd bday an I'm having my entire family over...

So right now the car in in the garage pretty much stripped of everything.... left my taillights and plate on for the drive over to my buddys shop.

If everything goes to plan(I'm pretty good at scheduling/organizeing builds) I should be back on the road by July with lots of pics, new build thread, motor and paint....

(give or take a week or 2 ;) ). Looking forward to meeting everyone...

• 1 month later...

Just drive it as is (if can) Mac...

Maybe it'll grow on ya.

But yup... that chocolate root beer is some sexy stuff.

Believe me I would be but I kinda jumped the gun on the tear down by 3 weeks...

She's all ready for the engine swap, parts&all then off to paint, just waiting in my friends garage( 6car/lift/welding equip ect..) should be starting within the next week...;). After the motor swap... She'll go straight to paint.

I figure I have about 4-6 weeks before I need to pick the color..,:). I'm leaning towards root beer today,,,, tomorrow might be blue or tonight might be desert tan..;). Lol.

That's what I'm thinking... ESP since I brought the charcoal rep panasports

I actually love how she looks now... Just want to get rid of that purple Hugh (I know I've said it like 3-4 times) but since I have a great offer from my bro-in-law,.he has an auto body shop, I really can't pass it up...

• 1 month later...

Just an update on what's new/fixed...

Test fitted front and rear bumpers...(one new one and one redipped).

New gauge cluster with tach;). Getting ready fir the swap;)

Swapped out the bulbs with LEDs.... So nice..

Installed nos fender mirrors..

Like new rear tail light bezals...

Wife is working on my door cards...(doing some artwork on them) can't wait to see how they come out...

Think that's it for now...

Still piling parts for the swap, have almost everything but a new front sway bar.

Hit me up if you have one to sell....

On the way to a little meet in queens... "Mini reveal" if you will :). Was great, could not believe the response over my ride... Fells good when a vision/execution comes together. And still with the stock L16.... Can't wait for the sr to be drop in there...

504978A1-8ACD-48BE-BECF-0447B2244F0B-482