510 KA-SR-CA Aluminum crossmembers from "Just Intercoolers"

Kisor

Browsing Ebay this morning and ran across this, I did a quick search and didn't see anything so hope its not a repost.

I purchased an Intercooler from them a few years ago and it was well made and performed as it should.

Thought I would share!!!

http://www.ebay.com/...1cdae44&vxp=mtr

$(KGrHqN,!l8E4vQWe-bfBOM6SlV)3Q~~0_12.JPG

Item #: JS-Crossmember-D510

Crossmember-D510-2.jpg

Crossmember-D510-3.jpg

Crossmember-D510-4.jpg

Crossmember-D510-5.jpg

Crossmember-D510-6.jpg

Crossmember-D510-7.jpg

Crossmember-D510-8.jpg

Crossmember-D510-9.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol that shit looks like its going to break.

remember, thats the one piece thats holding your engine and entire front suspension and steering together.

and you want to rely on that center bar just chillin on this little shelf thats half ass welded on there?

Crossmember-D510-7.jpg

its a poor design, and Id never run one.

and you want to that that center bar just chillin on this little shelf thats half ass welded on there?

its a poor design, and Id never run one.

Lol good call... When I first came in here, only the first two pictures loaded and it looked like a legit setup. Came back in here to check out some replies and my iPhone decided to load the rest (unless they were edited in?)... I would be scared to run that as well. That's like a .25in lip that cross bar is sitting on and knowing that's made of 6061... Fuck that.

These are the CX ones. Being sold by Just Intercoolers.

I saw them and I guess I didn't look at the construction that close. Although It's not that horrible. That cross bar is bolted and fully welded, plus it doesn't encounter that much stress. I can't vouch for the grade material but just look at some of the racing K-members for mustangs and such.... one little 1.25" bar across them and both mounting points for the LCA on the actual member plus the rack and pinion mounted to it. Not to mention higher horsepower engines and heavier cars.

m5lp_1009_05_o+project_shocker+upr_pro_series_k_member_kit.jpg

LOL, that steel tube setup is going to be a lot stronger than that aluminum setup. The only way that aluminum is going to be as strong as steel is if they are running some 6061-t6, get a nick or a scratch in that aluminum and it is done, you now have a breaking point. There is a reason why most if not all roll cages and tube frames are done in steel alloys.

Those look terrible. For a part that holds your engine and suspension in place, I'd want something that was built better than that. The stock crossmember is a *really* strong piece, and that aluminum one looks like it would snap in half if you stepped on it wrong. The bottom plate that goes across is way too thin, and there needs to be gusseting between the bottom and the side pieces. The only reason you'd ever "bolt and weld" that bottom plate on is because it was poorly engineered to begin with. It should be bolted, or welded, but not both.