Red n Gold n Green

REDnGOLD

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Havent updated this thread in over a year. Let's see.

Plastidipped my wheels blk & painted over w/ bronze (in case, I dont like it & want to bring the polished look back).  Also, trying on a new set of fender mirrors. Old one broke & this one is growing on me. Also replaced seals on the tranny so no more leak....well, at least from no more leak from the tranny. 

14047072256_50503aa6ba_c.jpgDatsun 610

14066982261_d9b8759563_c.jpg

Will prolly replaced the personalized plate when the registration comes

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Planning on swapping alternator next week. Im probably gonna go w/ Altima, Saturn or KA ALT.  It seems that any of these would require little modifications (mainly electical).

The question I have is when using JUMPER.....

(Found this picture on one of the many upgraded alternator threads that we already have.)

510jumper_zpse40b2bad.jpg

.....Do I completely delete the Voltage Regulator? That picture above looks like Im completely deleting the VR. Been reading about these modifications for a week now.  & i mustve missed whether Im completely bypassing the VR or just some wires.

Yes, you completely delete the voltage regulator. And you will need 2 jumper wires with male spades:

1) White/Black Stripe to White/Red Stripe

2) Yellow to White

The last two wires (Black wire and White/Blue Stripe wires) are rendered useless.

Also, disconnect your Choke Heater relay - otherwise it will be a slow, constant drain on your battery.

Hey Sir William, the purpose of the VR is to regulate the electrical current passing through the car for (say) 50 or 60 amperes depending on what amperes the VR is, right? So, even if I find a 610 alternator w/ 90 or 100 amperes I would still have to delete the VR.

Hey Sir William, the purpose of the VR is to regulate the electrical current passing through the car for (say) 50 or 60 amperes depending on what amperes the VR is, right? So, even if I find a 610 alternator w/ 90 or 100 amperes I would still have to delete the VR.

Yes, because the voltage regulator is handling voltage not amperage ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Havent updated this thread in awhile. 

UPDATES:

• Altima alternator w/ wirings (many thanks to Zerow) 
  • Car doesnt drain battery anymore. Found the culprit. So simple yet took nearly a year & 3 electrical shops to figure it out. Or maybe it was over a year.

UPCOMING REAPAIRS:

• Paint & body. Maybe I'll go w/ white or silver or maybe yellow. But 2 tone. Black roof.
  • driver seats. 

How she sits right now.

7a6f48fc-5c35-4aef-b7c4-4277efc9e56f_zps

What Im aiming for....

Nissan%20610%20w%20ATS%20Clasics_zpsdipd

• 1 month later...