l20b Exhaust manifold de smog

converted_to_datsun

Haha yea mike I'm askin for a good shock I know. I usually lay them on the air cleaner but I took it off to get to the fitting

Anyway went to the hardware store and freaken win! Looked at brass pipe fittings at homedepot and turns out a 3/8 brass flare plug is perfect size and the threads are a perfect match! Got soo lucky on that one! Put one in the hole for the drive home haha

Here it is

5C97AAAB-52FC-471F-9E26-0090822D94C4-593-000000E27D4C50A7_zps8b1b4c83.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 volts is too low to feel. Even a 30 volt arc welder is barely a tingle. The pipe wrench will weld itself to the battery post and the vise grips. There's the remote chance even with the batteries of today that the sparks will ignite any hydrogen gas in and around the battery caps. I blew the top off a battery once giving a boost... acid in eyes and face. I had my glasses on and it was winter so lots of snow to wash the face with. My ears rang all that night.

12 volts is too low to feel. Even a 30 volt arc welder is barely a tingle. The pipe wrench will weld itself to the battery post and the vise grips. There's the remote chance even with the batteries of today that the sparks will ignite any hydrogen gas in and around the battery caps. I blew the top off a battery once giving a boost... acid in eyes and face. I had my glasses on and it was winter so lots of snow to wash the face with. My ears rang all that night.

WHAT HE SAID

TOOLS ON BATERY = BAD IDEA

• 4 years later...

Haha yea mike I'm askin for a good shock I know. I usually lay them on the air cleaner but I took it off to get to the fittingAnyway went to the hardware store and freaken win! Looked at brass pipe fittings at homedepot and turns out a 3/8 brass flare plug is perfect size and the threads are a perfect match! Got soo lucky on that one! Put one in the hole for the drive home hahaHere it is5C97AAAB-52FC-471F-9E26-0090822D94C4-593

Digging up an old thread...

So did those 3/8" flare plugs work out? I figured they would be a pipe thread.

• 2 years later...
On 3/8/2017 at 5:28 PM, CableDroid said:

Digging up an old thread...

So did those 3/8" flare plugs work out? I figured they would be a pipe thread.

Just in case anyone visits this page as I have, 3/8" flare is the correct size.

I tried metric, bsp, bspt sizes and none were right. 3/8 flare fit like a glove

• Like 4