freetheoranges

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on the dime today...

Put in the bump steer spacers I've had for a good 6 months.

9137827075_dc64edc360_b.jpg

Then decided I needed to install the new sway bar bushings I got at Canby 2012...

Got the bracket off one side, other side I broke both bolt heads off.

Went and got an easy out... while drilling guide holes, broke the drill bit off inside the stuck stud. FUUUUUU.

9139975960_7f93290190_b.jpg

Now I don't know what to do. Can't get them out and the easy-out isn't working. The studs are literally rusted in the holes..

9139981490_a0254866fb_b.jpg

got all new hardware but I'm stuck. Good thing I don't have to be anywhere important for 3 days.

9137833245_759750f72c_b.jpg9137838425_164f2e5d48_b.jpg

Soak that shit WD40 or whatever you have overnight......

There is a tool called an "easy out" or screw extractor.....it looks like this...

IMG_4189_zps0e90f1c3.jpg

They break pretty easy though so soak that shit for as long as you can......

You can also try a small drill bit and drill out center of broken bolt, drill through with small bit and then take a slightly larger bit to it . I have done this several times just make sure you drill down the center of bolt, usually the bolt will just break apart and fall out or drill bit will catch and you can reverse it out

I got one out. It's going to need a helicoil. The other, well I was waiting for pay day to get some better drill bits, which is today! The other just needs some help with better cutting. Handling hasn't changed, in fact I may say it feels better.? 

EDIT: Not very exciting.

9157116901_ededdfe9c0_b.jpg

Amazing how that WD40 just climbs into the hole. Now work!

yep 510s are a learning curve

I didn't know how to do an alternator when I got my first Dime, the year was 1989. I feel old

Good luck with it Brian

holy shit you got your first dime in 89 

I got my first one in 84 and now look at you 

you are the dime keeper 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

9367857611_1cc0317530_b.jpg

Lonely in such a large parking spot.

9370641882_74eb64e817_b.jpg

9367863871_3af0c11df2_c.jpg

Take a peek through her holes and admire how dirty she is.

9367896515_db12a1d603_c.jpg

Insert horn here.. erm.

9370666192_e211aafaec_c.jpg

When stuff looked nicer and other stuff is now fixed.

9370649672_966a0e3c99_b.jpg

Fins all messed up... not sure how... i hear it's only 300 bucks to get it redone. And big friendly mosquito.

9367960391_5592f5b497_b.jpg

Getting new meats a while back.

9367956913_dc9128d834_b.jpg

• Like 1

Sweet!.....an update!

......was beginning to wonder what happened to ya......thought maybe the spider took over

Polish up the top of that radiator.....BLING BLING!!

You going to the Aug. 10th show?

Cool pics.

As for the radiator, it's cheaper if you just get one of the champion 3 core rads on eBay. I think they're like 250 plus shipping, Unless you want to keep the stock look. I recently went to a radiator shop in Petaluma and they quoted me $360 to recore mine. If didnt have the Auto I would get a champion.

• 4 months later...

Time flies with full time work and a girlfriend.

As of late, brakes need to be done... like last week. No one to help me pump the brakes afterwards.

I need new brake hoses and hardware cause I use a vice grip to open and close when bleeding the brakes.

I've never gotten an alignment and it is starting to show.

I took the 32/36 DGV off the other day and put it back on along with new spark plugs. With my exhaust hitting

The hole in the rear cross member and the fact that I can't get it to idle correctly has me not making eye contact

On the road with other motorists plus Leary of the longevity of the motor. So this sucks but I still get around.

I'm not kidding when I say I've [almost] driven it till the wheels fall off.

I keep spending money elsewhere and expecting it to perform.

It performs but I have to get the carb back in order.

I may have a holey vaccuum hose cause it goes WHEEEEEE when not on gas pedal.

[no pics]

• Like 1

Time flies with full time work and a girlfriend.

As of late, brakes need to be done... like last week. No one to help me pump the brakes afterwards.

I need new brake hoses and hardware cause I use a vice grip to open and close when bleeding the brakes.

I've never gotten an alignment and it is starting to show.

I took the 32/36 DGV off the other day and put it back on along with new spark plugs. With my exhaust hitting

The hole in the rear cross member and the fact that I can't get it to idle correctly has me not making eye contact

On the road with other motorists plus Leary of the longevity of the motor. So this sucks but I still get around.

I'm not kidding when I say I've [almost] driven it till the wheels fall off.

I keep spending money elsewhere and expecting it to perform.

It performs but I have to get the carb back in order.

I may have a holey vaccuum hose cause it goes WHEEEEEE when not on gas pedal.

[no pics]

Ok dude......slackin' time is over.....your other girl needs some love right now.....

You can't neglect her or she will neglect you.........you can see and feel the effect it has on her.........

Problem 1.......your brakes......I can get all 4 brake hoses for you and a set of pads.....

.......remember.......I get shit at cost.....not list.......

Problem 2........your carb......why did you take it off and what did you do to it??

........most likely a vacuum leak and a couple tweeks of a screw or two........Those webers are bullit proof.....

...rarely have I had an issue with them unless shit is in your tank

Problem 3........you do not want a wheel to fall off.....my buddy had that happen to him.....it suck...

........and I was there when you almost did lose a wheel......

Next..........get January 4th off so you can come down to the shop and fix all this shit.......I'll be doing a shop day....

Hopefully Skyblue's shit will get here as well and we can do his swap also......

There...........now stop complaining and save some monies.........I'll order the parts next week....... :console:

............and there is NO excuse for not posting since July with no oics..........WTF?? :P

• Like 3

Seriously. Well I hadn't posted on my build thread since June, but when I posted today, I included pictures at least and I hadn't done anything to mine till yesterday and today.

Busta is you garage day locked in? If it was later in the week, I might be able to lend a hand.

Fto. If you need help bleeding brakes sooner, hit me up. You used to have my number. If not pm and I'll get it to you again.

Seriously. Well I hadn't posted on my build thread since June, but when I posted today, I included pictures at least and I hadn't done anything to mine till yesterday and today.

Busta is you garage day locked in? If it was later in the week, I might be able to lend a hand.

Fto. If you need help bleeding brakes sooner, hit me up. You used to have my number. If not pm and I'll get it to you again.

You are totally welcome....the 4th is a Saturday...don't know how much later in the week it could be......

......can't add anymore peeps to the invite I sent out.....

...........anyone local or not is welcome to come join the fun.....

Anyone interested can PM me and I'll give you more info......

The more the more better!!! :thumbup:

Next..........get January 4th off so you can come down to the shop and fix all this shit.......I'll be doing a shop day....

Hopefully Skyblue's shit will get here as well and we can do his swap also......

hmmm might have to keep that day open and work my way up there to meet everyone. My dime is still on the east coast,... but always happy to lend a hand