Dimeton Abbey

freetheoranges

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to O'Reilly's and they had 3/16" metal brake line, with the proper nuts, flared, however straight. Need only a bender now. I got 12" and 20". Going to try some bends and hope I get it right. Bought extra metal brake lines to mess with. I think I only need 12" of line.............

Get some coat hanger and bend those to where you want them to fit..........

.....then just copy those......

Yea as busta said grab a cheap coat hanger and use it to figure out where your bends need to be the match it over to the line, use a sharpie to mark where you need to bend it. Then either "rent" (free…) a bender from o'reilly and bend them or if you are careful and  slow you can make the bend around a larger … like 19mm… socket.

I just used the coat hanger method to re-do all the hard lines in the car… all new brake lines… was a bitch… but worth it I guess.

if you want to buy a bender… I just bought the eastwood (i think) 180 bender and bending pliers… but it was like 60 bucks… They both worked pretty well… but you can "rent" one from orielly for free

Just be slow and precise with the steel lines from O'reilly. They can and will kink. but if you take your time you'll be fine.

I had forgotten to put the brake plunger back in first, so I pulled the brake master out, installed the plunger, bench bled, transferred to dime. Bought the $36 mityvac and did one brake at a time, then went to dinner for my birthday, came back, bled all one more time. Put the wheels back on and tested the brakes by going 30' in reverse, stop, forward, stop like 30 times till I was confident it would stop me going down my hill. It was about 9:30pm when I got to drive her. And it felt so good.

And omg the restaurant had bacon wrapped dates........... amazing.

• Like 3

I'm bad...... I put the same fucked up front pass side brake pads back in without even removing burrs.  hah, yes same pads as in photo on previous page.

I can hear stuff breaking away on the freeway, yet on jacks the discs/ wheels spin freely. do I really need those metal guards for the discs?

not disappointed or mad just curious.   need to buy new beck arnley pads again.

super fun driving her.... I still need to recore rad, try to recore heater element..........

.................................................just got an apartment with the gf so funds will be even tighter......... move in 01/01/2015..... maybe can make happen this Friday...... today was the first day since I got her back from busta nut that she leaked like 1 ounce rad fluid after shutoff..........

.................................i'm starting to hate how hard defrosting/ demoisturizing the inside front windshield really is......... I don't have enough moisture absorbing content in my car that isn't already damp from the already present moisture in my car........ sounds like a personal problem, huh r0p0doe???

Fuckin' killin' me man.........

For the love of GOD........or whoever it is you worship......

.........just send me a text...PM....email....call the F'n shop.....bicycle messenger....carrier pigeon.....message in a bottle.....

Did you forget that I work here??

.....fuck Beck Arnley.....worst products EVER.....I can get you OE shit.....WTF??

Tuesday...

I order parts....you have car towed and we put them on....

....and those brake hoses you've had for a year too.....

BAM....you can stop when the light turns red....

See ya Tuesday B)

• Like 3

you put these back in ???

15943216965_2ffce3f549_b.jpg

dumbest move ever 

these pads are not brake pads any more they are the brake pad holders 

I hope the car stops when you need it to because it seems to me that you are asking to crash with the things you are doing 

please for everyone around you get this car into safe running condition OR TAKE THE BUS 

I dont understand the logic behind fixing it 1/4 of the way 

when you get these problems taken care of your car is going to be so much more fun to drive 

until they are fixed your car is an accident waiting to happen

PLEASE GET IT TO BUSTA ON TUES NO EXCUSES AND MAKE THIS CAR SAFE TO DRIVE 

• Like 1