Dimeton Abbey

freetheoranges

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FTO you ought to get some speed bleeders or solo bleeds.  I love mine.  They have a miniature spring loaded one way valve and allow you to bleed by yo self.  10x1 size should be available locally.  Just don't let the master go dry...

And a quality 10mm flare nut wrench :)

• Like 2

FTO you ought to get some speed bleeders or solo bleeds.  I love mine.  They have a miniature spring loaded one way valve and allow you to bleed by yo self.  10x1 size should be available locally.  Just don't let the master go dry...

And a quality 10mm flare nut wrench :)

wtf never heard of those 

me likes 

So I've been driving it rich for about a week and it runs okay within reason. Have to keep throttle pegged to keep from dying (no idle set) and a strange whistle noise from the engine bay. Exhaust smells like a two stroke lawn mower. I changed the spark plugs and maybe that messed something up, but to be honest I must not have gotten the linkage assembled correctly to allow for idle.

Maybe head gasket? My block is leaking a little from the side of the block out some sort of sensor.

Tomorrow the brakes get attention and maybe address some other issues.

Yessir. Two new gaskets solved the whine. And then Busta Nut tweaked my air mixture/ idle screw while I had it running and now it's a dream idle and more fun/ less embarrassing.

only embarrassing thing I see is the ghetto mounting on the spoiler 

glad its running better 

That photo really accentuates the dent going on in the rear quarter and the hole between the door jamb and the fender edge. I know they are there...... will I ever do body work to get it straight? No.

Dime is doing great. I need a new vaccuum hose. Took old one off a few days ago and left some plastic tube on there. Did fine for DAYS. Then tonight I park, grab some 22oz. beers and go to start it... Plastic had melted shut.. No vaccuum just straight flooded before I knew what was up. Sat there like an idiot for a while to wait before cranking again and finally after cuttin the melted section off and reusing I got it to fire up like a ball rolling uphill.

^^I thought that was some special silicone hose.... :rofl:

I would've just replaced it if I knew it was just plastic......sorry dude....

I know you didn't see'em, but we got plenty 'o hoes around here :lol:............I mean hose....

......next time just make a list of ALL the shit you want done.........and post it here........

.....and then we'll do it. :cool:

My starter is dead. The ignition light just stays on while it's running. Just now a strong AAA dude pushed my car backwards so I could "pop the clutch" going down hill. It worked with less than 50 feet left on the slope trying to gain speed. And with the high idle I didn't have to baby it too bad trying to make a K turn seconds after getting it to turn over. Now I'm parked in reverse atop my sloped driveway hoping tomorrow morning it will work again. I am suddenly feeling optimistic about living at the very top of a hill for gravity and momentum!

11919059985_50a3e960d5_c.jpg

11919356713_7d6dd580e0_c.jpg

Starter 

11919097845_b8a42d34d8_c.jpg

11919365163_8d522140f5_c.jpg

Broke my window crank. Tell me if it's kind of 'janky'.

11919113665_c3b1976d9e_c.jpg

11919395433_969560e1e6_c.jpg

11919341353_95cab9399f_c.jpg