Dimeton Abbey

freetheoranges

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, so today this guy is complimenting my dime. I had jumped out and left my car running like I usually do to buy some beers and I look at the front of the dime........... 

14129490303_206de2f636_b.jpg

My futoFAB spoiler was gone! I thought maybe it had fallen off at Safeway 24 hours ago (who am I kidding).... Gone. Had my front license plate on there, too ..

My record of never being pulled over in this dime will come to a halt shortly if I can't acquire new plates. And I'll have to purchase another spoiler from the one the only futoFAB.

• 2 weeks later...

Met up with Bababooey like 1.5 weeks ago to purchase an original Troy Ermish spook (really rough) for $20. I've been working on bringing it back to fiberglass... wish i had air tools!

14251087053_a8ab7dc110_b.jpg

14251006663_b50afacf54_n.jpg14207688326_d9d335e0ee.jpg14044176949_6947103e69_n.jpg

Wiper motor isn't working when I turn the wiper switch to the right... so I took it apart, but can't figure where these two foreground pieces go..? Help?

14044220350_426bbcd5a8_c.jpg

A spring and a little curved metal piece...

14227534431_1eb30d4a20_b.jpg

(Assembly)

Also... changed Valve Cover gasket but me thinks head gasket.... (   3 Videos    ) listen to strange sound... very constant.... i cringe every time..

https://flic.kr/p/np3yHc

https://flic.kr/p/nFvBD9

https://flic.kr/p/nFvD7E

And lastly, only $1350 left to pay off on the dime!

Went down there last week and Busta Nut // skyblue showed me how to adjust the valves.....

Video wasn't cutting it.. Now I know. They need tightening and a check or visa versa.

I'm suddenly leaking a literal shot ton of oil from the engine. Maybe power wash it to see where the leak is coming from?

The hissing after turning the engine off is no longer tollerable and always embarrassing.

There's gotta be a fix. Maybe a carb tune.

Now to just make it to Canby..........

Wiper motor isn't working when I turn the wiper switch to the right... so I took it apart, but can't figure where these two foreground pieces go..? Help?

14044220350_426bbcd5a8_c.jpg

A spring and a little curved metal piece...

i think there is a ball bearing that fits in the indent(& under the spring) of the metal for contact.

sounds like the function for the washer pump wasnt working.

i have a switch if you cant reassemble it.

grease the wiper pivots too.

its nice having 2 real speeds, when you actually drive in the rain.

There will be differences in pan shape and perhaps depth so use an L16 dip stick with an L16 oil pan. To be absolutely safe fill with 4 1/2 US quarts if with a new oil filter. 4 US quarts if not. CHECK the dipstick. If under, you can safely add more.

The L16 and L20B in the 620 hold the same amount of oil but have different dip sticks so the pans may be deeper or shallower to compensate for the taller L20B block. Thus the dipsticks will have the full mark in a different position. who knows where a car L16 pan full mark is with the same amount of oil? 

Going to hopefully pull the oil pan in a few weeks... maybe I try for sooner.  My dipstick always reads past full.....

How would I know which dipstick I have?

I been having crazy datsun dreams every night for the last... 2 to 3 months... my dime doesn't make it, i drop it off somewhere and come back and it's stolen... i just want to make it to Canby guys! In Real Life, my l20b has been giving me legit reasons for concern... 

I don't get a day off till the afternoon I leave an hour early for Canby!  :crying:  :crying:    (  15 Days   )       :rofl:  :w00t:  Gonna have to sneak out for a half day on one of those days....

Damn you just working on all kinds of dimes man :thumbup:

5 Dattos this weekend......including mine.......gotta get'em to CanBy!!!!

............nope.....make that 6......

• Like 1