Penultimate Rear Crossmember

freekwonder

I can't find my instructions right now for how do it, but they are in the Volume 2 issue 3 of the Dime Quarterly. As for cost luckily my friend had all the steel sitting around his garage, so I just had to by the two drill bits and bolts/nuts/washers so it was around $50 to make it. Here are the pics of the process we went through. *the pictures are thumbs nails, click them for bigger versions.

th_IMG_0288.jpg

th_IMG_0289.jpg

th_IMG_0290.jpg

th_IMG_0291.jpg

th_IMG_0292.jpg

th_IMG_0293.jpg

th_IMG_0294.jpg

th_IMG_0295.jpg

th_IMG_0296.jpg

th_IMG_0297.jpg

th_IMG_0298.jpg

th_IMG_0299.jpg

th_IMG_0300.jpg

th_IMG_0301.jpg

th_IMG_0302.jpg

th_IMG_0303.jpg

th_IMG_0304.jpg

th_IMG_0305.jpg

th_IMG_0308.jpg

th_IMG_0309.jpg

th_IMG_0310.jpg

th_IMG_0311.jpg

th_IMG_0312.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I am speaking of the distance between the rear wheels.

I have noticed that cars get wider in the back when they go to a pentultimate. Maybe its just from lack of negative camber.

I want as narrow as possible to fit lots of tire back there. Its easier to notch the control arm than to flare the rear fenders.

I know maybe we should start a different thread but..... Why do you want a narrower track width in the rear? Are you still running the RS's? So are you going to run a different offset in the rear?

Steve Epperly said you have some room to play with, you just move the mounting point inboard a little and then notch the control arms. I think a guy could shove a 245 back there, if it were fit perfectly. I am tired of playing wheel and offset games, so I'm going to find a set of wheels and stick with them!

Oh ok. the Track of the car. Sorry. I can get some comparisons. I have the p. cross member going on the 2 door tonight, and will be putting the stock on my 4 door soon. So I can put my 15's on both car and check out the difference. I don't see why it would widen the track that much if at all. I guess depends on where you put the mounting holes. well hopefully I can get it put together tonight.