510 Fuel line question help ASAP!!

Which is the return on a 510?? Took my tank out. There's a smaller one and a bigger one. Common sense says bigger is the main. But mine looks like it used the smaller before. But previous owner might have screwed that up. Shud I switch it over to the bigger line????? Please say yes. Already put the tank back in......

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

510_018_1_vga.png

Ok this shows the top outlet on the tank as the return line. But does not show if this is the bigger or the smaller line. Google images has nothing............ANYONE have a pic of the two fuel outlets on the bottom of the tank so I dont have to pull mine out again PWEEEEEEEEEEESE.

Thank you!

And dangit!! Gotta pull tank back out. Cause I capped the small line and put hose on the big. Crap. I would just switch them but I bet the return goes higher in the tank or something stupid and would only pull fuel to a half tank. Gawd.......

I figured you might chime in being the Zombie Apocalypse reserve fuel tank guy. :P

• 4 years later...

Where does the return line connect in the engine bay??

The 1967 Datsun 520 doesn't have a return line, and the tank doesn't have the fitting for one either.

If you have a more modern engine in your 520 with a return, then put a "T" in the vent tube in the gas fill tube, it will just drain back into the tank via vent hose, but you will still have to put a return line in back to that line from the engine compartment.

The 1967 Datsun 520 doesn't have a return line, and the tank doesn't have the fitting for one either.

If you have a more modern engine in your 520 with a return, then put a "T" in the vent tube in the gas fill tube, it will just drain back into the tank via vent hose, but you will still have to put a return line in back to that line from the engine compartment.

For my buddys 510.. not my 520