1970 Datsun 521- very original- very nice Anaheim Ca

front1-2.jpgI am selling my 1970 Datsun 521. The truck is very clean and original and very little rust. It was sold new in Fresno Ca and still has the license plate frame from that dealer. I think the spare tire may be the original. It is the old SAE origianal size.

I have gone through the truck from one end to the other and to the best of my knowledge everything works from the headlight squirters to the back up lights.

Here is a list of just some of the items I've addressed.

New front drums ( rears turned)

new wheel cylinders all 4 corners

new shoes all 4 corners

new brake master

new tires

new battery cables

new filters

new brake lines

new clutch line

rebuilt speedometer

new voltage regulator

new shocks

new fuel lines

compression is 105,110,110,110

$5k

714-632-9288

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice 521 i think it is a 69' cuz my 70 has side marker light on bed and on fenders even though your paper work says it is a 70' my 521 maybe a 70 1/2' year model though. if i had them $$$$$ i would buy it is a heartbeat. you should not sell it cuz you know how hard it is to find 1 in that kind of shape. very hard.

Good catch on my 5 cylinder. All fixed now. :thumbup:

I really think it is a 1970 by all the records I have. This is the cleanest 521 I've ever seen not that there aren't nicer ones somewhere. I had one when I was a kid ( 52 now) and my fun was in trying to make it perfect. Now that everything is working and I've chased down the tib bits like that $$$$ heater knob my fun has come to an end. I may take it to the big Import car show in Long Beach this weekend. I hear that's a big turn out.

I would also agree that your ultra clean truck is a '69. Another tell tale is that valve cover "Datsun 1600 OHC" is like the '68 BUT uses the spin on cap like the later ones ('68 used a 1/4 turn cap like the J motor and roadsters). Since your truck is so orig I wouldn't imagine anyone to have replaced it. ONLY those two years used that type valve cover with '70 using the more common "Datsun OHC".

Even though it shows delivered April '70, it more than likely a leftover '69.

They are gonna love ya at JCCS :D

• Like 1

I would also agree that your ultra clean truck is a '69. Another tell tale is that valve cover "Datsun 1600 OHC" is like the '68 BUT uses the spin on cap like the later ones ('68 used a 1/4 turn cap like the J motor and roadsters). Since your truck is so orig I wouldn't imagine anyone to have replaced it. ONLY those two years used that type valve cover with '70 using the more common "Datsun OHC".

Even though it shows delivered April '70, it more than likely a leftover '69.

They are gonna love ya at JCCS :D

Thanks for all the good info. I was not able to get into the show as registration appears to be sold out. I still plan on going for a few hours tomorrow and check things out

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.