Sh!ts and Giggles 510

510T

Whassup!

The caps came with the wheels but the Datsun stickers were from ebay. The guy will make them any size you want, I got 2 sets just in case and it was like $15 shipped from England. Not bad.

The new thermostat has been installed and seems to function correctly. The old one was definitely stuck. I have not been able to road test it yet due to my brake issue. It seems my driver rear caliper decided to die. I will have it fixed this weekend weather permitting.

Also I updated an empty post on page 2 with some dyno pull video...

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone know why my stainless manifold might be rusty?

How it looked when newish

P1030624_zpsd226bdab.jpg

How it looked today

1206121322_zps3de28d46.jpg

I am no metallurgist but I know I bought stainless materials for this. The old one was coated so I never got to watch the metal change colors...

WTF?!

• 2 weeks later...

We didn't do anything to it after fabrication.  Still a little perplexed.

So it turns out that after further investigation the old thermostat was "functioning" correctly.  It is just that the rubber seal was completely disintegrated allowing flow even while shut.

P1040553_zps21b06659.jpg

The new one is working like a dream and is maintaining temps of 165+ on the freeway with the heater blasting.

I received a Birthday gift from my Mom today that I am really stoked on:

P1040555_zps19186d93.jpg

I hope to get this in there ASAP, looking forward to a little more precision in the steering.

And finally I scored these at the local picknpull today.  First one to guess wtf they are specifically for get +1. ;)

P1040557_zpsa33ecae7.jpg

could be your manifold got some water on it from condensation or something and thats just the left over iron in the water rusting over?  Or the stainless surface was contaminated with mild steel.  I would just take a stainless brush to it and you should be fine.

Fo0- I think you might be onto something.  I will clean it up then see what happens.

Dotti you win!  Caliper bolts and inserts from a 1991 300zx with aluminum calipers.  It is incredibly hard to find an early z32 that still has the brakes on it in a NorCal JY.  This was like my 3rd try going to a yard for these after checking inventory almost daily on Picknpull.com.  I was honest and paid too :angel:  Came out to about 1.25 each.

Now I just need 4 lug 26mm z32 rotors, pads, and get my m30 struts cut and sleeved and I will be ready to go! err, stop ;)

Fo0- I think you might be onto something.  I will clean it up then see what happens.

Dotti you win!  Caliper bolts and inserts from a 1991 300zx with aluminum calipers.  It is incredibly hard to find an early z32 that still has the brakes on it in a NorCal JY.  This was like my 3rd try going to a yard for these after checking inventory almost daily on Picknpull.com.  I was honest and paid too :angel:  Came out to about 1.25 each.

Now I just need 4 lug 26mm z32 rotors, pads, and get my m30 struts cut and sleeved and I will be ready to go! err, stop ;)

Z32 calipers will bolt on to M30 struts?

Yes sir, M30 struts are like 4 lug version of late z31 turbo.  They use slip on rotors, and can take z32 calipers.

Dotti I'm always up for a cruise or whatevs, just so long as everyone keeps rubber side down :)

Thank you for the info! So you will have to run 15 inch rims with this setup?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

No real updates to the car lately, weather has been Northern California cold/wet and since losing my carport canopy tent I have not much felt like working on it.  My landlord is super cool and is paying 100% to put up a permanent metal carport :w00t: .  More upgrades will follow,  I am thinking CV axles will take priority over the brake upgrade.  Then hopefully before next winter fuel injectors, q45 MAF +throttle body, and get my AEM Series 2 EMS in and tuned.

I downloaded the free GoPro Cineform software and started playing with some of my old clips.  I'm looking forward to making some more and learning about editing video a bit. 

Here is my first time getting into the 12's last year at Sac Raceway.  Had to put the jacket on after this one lol.  I think this was a 12.88

th_firsttime12s_zpse70a9fd1.jpg

I kinda want to set up a clutch release delay like EricJB has on his 521 but we will see...

And here are my latest snaps, already posted but wanted them in muh thread

sleepy510_zpsf8ce4f17.jpg

sleepy510-2_zps4a3c77f3.jpg

• Like 1
Yes the heater is most definitely working properly. I rebuilt the valve a la Julie's write-up, http://www.510coop.c...eted/heater.htm

I would like it to run in the 185-195 range but it will go all the way down to 140's or lower sometimes on the freeway at night or if cold out. My thermostat should be here Friday so I will make sure to install it over the weekend.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :thumbup:

Must. post. oic.

P1040482_zpsac761cf1.jpg

Centercaps popped on with custom sized Datsun stickers I got off of ebay

Just found your thread 12's wow i got put twin turbo's and 2 N.O.S. bottles,love the wheels and cool car.Looks like 11's is next.

• Like 1

Wednesday Night Drags at Sonoma start in March,  also ESCA autocross begins in March.  Gotta get axles!

I am mulling over the idea of contacting driveshaftshop.com or a local shop about some custom axles.  I'm thinking about converting to 280z outer stubs with some type of CV companion flange and using the standard Subaru inner, no adaptors.  I think the next weak link is the transmission?

• Like 1