Sh!ts and Giggles 510

510T

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great Rolling with you to Canby always love your car thanks for the ride Breakfast it was my first ride in the rear of a dime and I still had to climb in the front door!

• Like 2

Your Turn...

Thanks for the snaps demo!

Bababooey

New profile oic!

Did your girl go with you to Canby?

Sadly not, next year will be required ;)

Great Rolling with you to Canby always love your car thanks for the ride Breakfast it was my first ride in the rear of a dime and I still had to climb in the front door!

Great times Tim!  I think 4 person burnouts are the most fun kind :D

I just read your thread over your last days and didn't want it to end. Your car has gone through quite a transformation and is quite impressive. You do a lot of stuff that most of us only dream of. I was sad to get to the current "end" of this thread :(. Wish I made time to get to Canby when I lived on the west coast of Canada. For sure sub'd for updates. Keep it up on the track! It's definitely a great time.

• Like 3

Damn.. that looks like fun!

Don't get your fingers caught in that steering wheel... lose a knuck or two.

Yep thumbs out, I did catch a thumb in traffic a few weeks ago it sucked!

I like the donuts in the last two...   :thumbup:

Thanks dfreak!  I think my favorite is the final corner in video A 4, I had a nice slide and was actually able to not lose it!  All that horsing around isn't helping my times, though it is fun :D

The results are in!  My hot-potato wheel handling was enough for a second place finish in the A runs and 3rd in B runs.  Stoked on both!  I had a feeling my times were off in the afternoon but I'll take it... :D

Couple oics of my buddy driving (His 240sx was too beat to run :rofl:) by Bob Jenkins:

Tommy510B_zpsijfxsjai.jpg

Tommy510_zps6emsds4l.jpg

• Like 7

I saw your pic in the 510 pics thread (see below). It looks like you could use some added roll stiffness. 

What are your spring rates, F&R? Front bar diameter? Any rear bar? How is the handling balance at steady state, ie neutral throttle (on or off throttle always has an effect on handling balance).

July20201520AX201_zpsz6wndfqa.jpg

• Like 2

I saw your pic in the 510 pics thread (see below). It looks like you could use some added roll stiffness. 

What are your spring rates, F&R? Front bar diameter? Any rear bar? How is the handling balance at steady state, ie neutral throttle (on or off throttle always has an effect on handling balance).

Hi Dave!  I agree that the car is a bit soft.  I have been wanting to make some changes for a while but other things seem to keep coming up...

Springs are 275lb in front with a DGR bar, I think it is 1".  Rear springs are Specialty Engineering Auto-x springs cut 1/2 coil, unsure of the rate.  No rear bar.  Tokico Illuminas all around. 

The balance feels pretty good but I could always use more grip. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Autocross!!!

The course was a re-run of a fun layout from last year.  My best run was my second and was good enough for second in class!  We got 2 afternoon fun runs and I took advantage of them by hitting cones, working on my slides, and generally hooning around the course. 

Oic by Bob J:

July%202015%20AX_zpsrgjkyvtj.jpg

• Like 3