Sh!ts and Giggles 510

510T

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.....but wouldn't a vent in a boot that's spinning just spray grease everywhere??

Subys always have an issue with the right front inner boot always blowing.......it's directly over the exhaust....

...........and no........I do not have wire pliers.......

Maybe Max does for his moto shit though.....I'll ask him when he gets here.....

• Like 1

Nice oic skyblue! :thumbup:

So the car and I made it safely to and from another glorious trackday at Thunderhill with the crew.  The CV axle kit was an immediately noticeable difference and I am happy to report they are still doing their jobs under the car with all 40 fasteners remaining fastened. B)

D294A344-AEA2-4A08-80B0-10D9848937C6_zps

This time we ran the new West course, a first for everyone.  It was a super fun track. I ran mostly third gear with some 2nd gear action in the hairpins.  The day was full of fun and a lot of seat time.  I had a few Oh Shit! moments, a spin out, one four wheel off incident that I somehow escaped the black flag, passed some cars (and a Ferrari :devil: ) and generally got a lot moar comfortable driving fast.

Session 4 was my best and fastest. 

Unfortunately I did uncover minor issues with my cooling and fuel systems.  During session 4 I noticed my water temps had gotten up to around 215* about two thirds of the way through the run.  I turned the heat and fan on full, that seemed to be just enough to bring the temps back down to around 200*.  Then in Session 5 I started getting fuel starvation coming out of the corners as I only had around 1/4-1/3 tank left.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Another weekend of Seat Time!  ESCA autocross round 2.  The day started out with standing water all over the course.  Turned out to be one of my favorite courses yet and the puddles made it pretty interesting.  I took advantage of the conditions to try and practice hanging the tail out moar  :devil: .  So much fun.  I ended up doing well enough for the 3rd spot on the podium in my class, 1st went to a wrx wagon and second to a 240z.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Got dem steelies on.  Unfortunately they are shit for front wheels, 2 out of 3 are welded crooked.

They look cool though! B)

A0925EF0-3A23-4B5F-A3A5-610D701F7F2F_zps

B703D2F6-6BE5-4511-85B3-67118A21A01E_zps

Anyone have experience with Aero steelies?

Those are Aero steelies? Were they made to order or already made? feel any weight difference with them on?

• Like 1

No these are Bart Wheels, I edited that above.  They were off the shelf from Summit.  I don't feel a weight difference but can for sure say that 195/50 on 15x8 -38 is a hundred times easier to park than the 225/45 on 15x9 -20 :rofl:

• Like 3

No these are Bart Wheels, I edited that above.  They were off the shelf from Summit.  I don't feel a weight difference but can for sure say that 195/50 on 15x8 -38 is a hundred times easier to park than the 225/45 on 15x9 -20 :rofl:

O ok, sucks that you got some not so straight wheels I would try contacting them to return and get some that are made better if possible

• Like 1

O ok, sucks that you got some not so straight wheels I would try contacting them to return and get some that are made better if possible

They're pretty cheap wheels.....you'd probably have to order a couple dozen to get a set of straight ones.....

.............you feel the wobble while driving??

• Like 1

I just went thru your whole build. Love your 510.

PS- that looks like Hall Ranch. 

Thanks Heretic!

It is indeed Hall Ranch ;)  I am good friends with Jesse, he and Austin even hosted a bbq for one of our fun runs!

DSC_0349.jpg

• Like 4

Got dem Bart steelies on.  Unfortunately they are shit for front wheels, 2 out of 3 are welded crooked.

Yeah, owned two sets. Hated both. Could never balance them, and they weren't very straight right out of the box. 

Anyone have experience with Aero steelies?

Tried one set of those. They were better, but not great. Good for the price. 

I'm on Bassetts now. Much better build quality and all 4 run true. Only downside is they are a little thin, so they can't take a hit. But because of that, they are crazy light weight.  :thumbup:

I believe they make thicker versions, as well. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...