Datsun 521 in Finland

140ypower

It looks like a 520/521 frame with the shock tower cut off, and I have done this conversion, as far as I know you will not be able to align this without modifying the upper or lower control arms, also castor is going to be an issue unless you know what to do.

If it was a bolt on, everyone would do it, but it's not a bolt on, and there are issues to contend with, I should know, I did this 10 years ago, the first 2 years were fun, not knowing when the driverside upper control arm bolts are going to break is always fun, especially when the frontend drops out from under you when you just touch the brakes.

Do yourself a favor, drill out the upper control arm mount bolt holes and tap them for the 720 mount bolts, the 520/521 mount bolts cannot take the stress.

If you have any issues with alignment or driving, let me know, I have done all this, I won't do it again, I just mount the 520/521 cab on the 720 frame now.

• Like 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice front suspension improvement.

Why are you putting a heavy axle in back? Unsprung weight degrades smooth ride and handling.

because in Finland the shaft may only be replaced to match the original load-bearing capacity and 521 axle weight is 1300kg

:( i think before that nissan s14 rear...

Do yourself a favor, drill out the upper control arm mount bolt holes and tap them for the 720 mount bolts, the 520/521 mount bolts cannot take the stress.

If you have any issues with alignment or driving, let me know, I have done all this, I won't do it again, I just mount the 520/521 cab on the 720 frame now.

hmm, have you photos somewhere? :) I understood a little of what you mean .. :)

because in Finland the shaft may only be replaced to match the original load-bearing capacity and 521 axle weight is 1300kg

:( i think before that nissan s14 rear...

hmm, have you photos somewhere? :) I understood a little of what you mean .. :)

When you bolted the 720 upper control arm to your 520/521 frame, you noticed how much bigger the mount holes were. correct?

The 720 mount bolts are larger/stronger than the 520/521 bolts, so when you used the 521 bolts to hold the 720 upper control arms in place on your 520/521 frame, what did you do to take the slop out, did you sleeve the holes?

When you bolted the 720 upper control arm to your 520/521 frame, you noticed how much bigger the mount holes were. correct?

The 720 mount bolts are larger/stronger than the 520/521 bolts, so when you used the 521 bolts to hold the 720 upper control arms in place on your 520/521 frame, what did you do to take the slop out, did you sleeve the holes?

aa, now i get it :) I noticed that the holes are loose. I thought that I bolts bushings. and then drill the holes get bigger as you said.

is these Other things to consider? thanks :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice work

Do you want a nice pickup bed for your 520? :)

Also I have parts for the 910.

i have one :D but have you 520 front turn signal, and like this mask and light?

MX520paint-500x375.jpg

i just have that twin light mask.. 910 is good, but bumbers chrome list is not... :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
520, 521 are not to be found anywhere ... just luck if you will be receiving. all others may find occasionally.
I have a 4 L engine parts so mekein all heads come in normal operation. and bring the repair did not pay the $ 5, so it was worth it.
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...