L series 5SPD trans - have origional 510 stuff to trade - Central California

ive got the four speed transmission in my 510 sedan (lazarus) right now, and another off to the side as a spare.... im willing to trade both for a good condition 5spd transmission.... ill let you drive the four speed before the trade, but youll have to take my work on the 2nd transmission i have sitting on the side... both have no pop outs or grinds and have less than 100k miles on them combined... (they both came from rare barn finds)

im not really sure what i need to do the swap... i wouldnt think i need anything special... correct me if im wrong... (driveshaft is the only possible thing i could think of if there is a diffrence in trans length) - corrected on the next post below -

i just REALLY NEED overdrive... the freeway driving is whats killing me... i commute from the valley to the bay semi regularly, and drive about an hour a day combined freeway and in town...

thanks for your time reading through this...

andy

--pm me if you might be interested :poke: .

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hainz had three left over from swapping and threw them out on the lawn with a sign that said FREE. When he got home from work there were four of them. It's possible, I guess that there might be someone with a 5 speed who needs two 510 4 speeds but if in a hurry for a 5 speed ask around for a 620 truck or z/zx 5 speed. A Maxima L 5 speed will also work. You will have to modify the rear mount on the car and have the driveshaft shortened but it's a one time expense and if cleanly done adds more value to your 510.

• Like 1

well, its what i have right now... id LIKE one, but im not gonna die if i dont get it... maybe the four speed trannies will help to cushion the blow of buying one flat out... thats really all im asking. depending on the situation, it may work out well for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.